The fabulous Kim at Crafty Kimmy and another purdy lady at Recession is the New Blonde both gave me the Stylish Blogger Award. I always feel so flattered to receive this award ...& quite humbled because I think both of these ladies have quite stylish blogs, too! Be sure to check them out!
Also, the lovely Tiffany Ashley at Delightfully Chic featured my blog on her post, "Blogs I Adore and Must Share." She has a beautiful blog and I just adore it right back!
So another big THANK YOU to these three for the recognition!
okay, okay ....on to the Stylish Blogger Award.
We all know the drill.
Seven random facts.
Instead of listing other blogs that I give this award to, I'd like to give all of my subscribers this award. I would love to learn more about you all. If you complete the seven random facts, please leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!
1. I'm a big eater. I think I've mentioned before that I'm not a salad girl. I tend to splurge a bit on weekends (and the occasional weekday ...oops) but try to enjoy all of my favorite foods in moderation. I know how to eat right, but life is short! I'll eat white chocolate morsels by the handful if I want to, darn it!
2. To Lauren S, who commented wondering where I get my hair done: I go to Salon Capelli in Mt. Pleasant. Nicole is amazing. If you go, tell her I referred you!
3. I don't really like action movies. Okay, I kind of hate action movies. BUT sometimes, if I'm forced to watch one, I might end up liking it.
I watched The A Team this weekend. I may or may not have agreed to watch it because it's the movie Bradley Cooper had to get really buff for. This is one of those that I ended up loving. I'm thankful I have a boyfriend who will watch as many chick flicks with me as I want. Sorry Brandon, don't mean to embarrass you.
4. This past week, my phone broke on Monday, computer crashed on Tuesday, our AC went out on Wednesday, and my car broke down on Thursday. Also on Thursday, I realized that our homeowners association locked me out of the pool & gym because our landlord hasn't been paying his bills. Hello, I pay my rent on time every month, why am I being locked out!? Basically, it has been a rough week and I'm thrilled to start a new one.
As of this weekend, you all know I got a new computer, but my car was also fixed and my phone is cooperating after a small repair. No AC still, but it's been chilly here this weekend, so I can deal. As for the pool, I just snuck in ;)
Girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.
5. I can't wear fake jewelry for more than a few hours at a time.
6. I've gotten really into simplicity & decreasing clutter lately. Okay ...in some aspects. I used to be such a collector of different toiletries like hair products & lotions. I was also a huge collector of receipts & other paperwork items. (just to name a few)
Now, I very much prefer to have in possession ONLY the things I use often. Today, I threw out all of my sunscreens from last year, even if they weren't expired. I literally threw TEN in the trashcan, even though some were full, because I just want to have two bottles in my beach bag.
7. Brandon and I watched the movie, "The Shag" last Saturday night. Then on Sunday, the two writers of the movie sat next to us at breakfast! Did I blog about this already? Anyway, this movie is not one that we watch very often. In fact, this was only the second time we had ever seen it. What a coincidence that the writers were next to us 14 hours later at brunch!
It is a great movie! Filmed in 1988 in Myrtle Beach. Watch it!