Finding a great skincare routine is about as difficult as winning the lottery. The options are endless and overwhelming, to say the least. The good thing is that I thoroughly enjoy learning about skincare products and am always up to try something new. Because of that, I've experimented a lot and, while I've been satisfied, I haven't been truly impressed. Until now.
I've always had a clear complexion for the most part... that is, until this past year. I don't know what has happened - hormones ...age? Who knows. But finally, I've found my all time favorite skincare routine and I just have to share it with you. Thanks to these products, I'm noticing a huge improvement.
1. LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR PURIFYING CLEANSING GEL // This is your basic daily cleanser that is soap-free, alcohol-free, and oil-free. It has salicylic acid, which helps clean out and tighten the pores. It also keeps your skin pH balanced at 55.
2. CLINIQUE CLARIFYING LOTION 3 // This stuff makes your skin feel squeaky clean, but not dry and tight. It whisks away pore-clogging oil and flakes in one fell swoop. I've used it for years and years.
3. LA ROCHE-POSAY THERMAL SPRING WATER // Although this step isn't necessary, it's a simple luxury that I feel makes a difference. This stuff is jam packed full of anti-oxidants and it's the perfect prep for additional treatments. I feel like it puts moisture back in my skin that has been pulled out through washing and toning. Because of the super fine mist it sprays, it's also a great mid-day refresher and awesome to use after putting on powder makeup.
4. DRUNK ELEPHANT C-FIRMA DAY SERUM // I can't sing this stuff's praises enough. First of all, it's non-toxic and has low hazard ingredients, but that doesn't stop it from being super powerful and effective. It's key ingredients are water, algae extract, sodium hydroxide and fruit extracts. In a nutshell, it evens skin tone, brightens, and fights signs of aging like nobody's business.
5. ORIGINS GINZING REFRESHING EYE CREAM // While I'm letting my serum really sink in, I go ahead and apply my eye cream. Between the caffeine it contains and it's pearlized color, it doesn't let under eye bags stand a chance. This is another thing in my routine that has stayed consistent for the past couple of years.
6. OLAY TOTAL EFFECTS 7-IN-ONE MOISTURIZER // I'd bore you if I stated all of the great things this moisturizer does. Let's sum it up into just a few. It has SPF 15, antioxidants, evens skin tone, reduces wrinkles, and helps reduce free radical damage. I recently did a LOT of research on finding a great day moisturizer and thanks to Paula's Choice, I decided that this was one of my best options (even compared to expensive products).
7. LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR DUO // This stuff is so, so good. I will never go without. It has benzoyl peroxide to eliminate acne-causing bacteria and micro-exfoliating LHA, which refines pores and provides precise exfoliation. I use this as a spot treatment when needed. It's gentle and reduces breakouts in a flash.
What are your holy grail skin-savers?