Someone recently asked me to post about the things I always take with me when traveling, whether it's a weekend trip or a long vacation. I thought this was brilliant! You know, the things I pack subconsciously every.single.time. Of course, these items will change a bit with each season, but you get the gist. And you know I actually end up take a lot more with me than just these items, but these are the things that are no-brainers for me every time I pack!
details // Let's start at the top left.
- I always take a travalo filled with my favorite fragrance, which usually is Chanel Mademoiselle.
- The bareMinerals Complexion Rescue is always, always with me on trips because it moisturizes and gives light coverage. I'm currently in shade #6.
- You all know how I feel about these Karen Walker shades. I love them because they are my most versatile sunglasses and they cover a lot of my face, which comes in handy when I don't feel like wearing makeup!
- That green, folded thing up there is a linen scarf I got from Zara, which sadly is all sold out. This one is very similar and 50% off right now.
- I always pack a couple classic t-shirts, like this one and this one, that can be mixed and matched with a lot of things.
- A good book is essential. I'm currently reading The Man Repeller, which I think you would love if you're a fan of Leandra like I am.
- Now going back to the left. I normally always pack a couple pairs of shorts in the summertime. The white ones are J. Crew and the blue denim are 7 For All Mankind.
- Then we have this fabulous Gigi NY Clutch, which is currently on sale! It has quickly become a favorite of mine. There's a strap that comes with it, allowing it to turn into a crossbody, but I prefer to just use it without. A clutch is the best travel companion for me because I can tuck it in my bag while traveling and use it more like a wallet. Then I can also use it as my purse when I'm at my destination. I've said it so many times before, but Gigi NY products are such high quality and even better in person. My favorite part is the way the leather smells!
- A maxi dress is always with me on summer trips. It can be used as a bathing suit coverup or dressed up. The one above is from Zara and sold out (they recently did a summer clearance), but this one is pretty similar and on sale for less than $30! I also like this one.
- Ok, bottom row! You've seen me feature this hat a million times. Point is, I always take a hat on summer vacations. They can cover bad hair days, keep the sun out of your eyes, and they also look cute.
- A good pair of sandals, like these by J. Crew, are essential on any summer trip. They can be dressed up or down and the neutral color goes with everything. I normally will wear my sandals while traveling, leaving extra space in my bag. J. Crew Factory also has similar ones for a steal.
- Last but not least, a good bikini. I normally take a bathing suit with me no matter where I'm traveling and no matter what time of year—even in the winter. You never know when you might come across a heated pool! Mine is by TRIANGL.
And what do I use to carry all of these essentials, plus everything else I take when traveling? Well, I recently found the best bag for light travel. It could also be used as a carry-on or as a beach bag. It's the Lo & Sons Catalina Weekender. Mine is in the new shade, Forest, and it's currently 20% off!
I love this bag because it holds so much and has plenty of little pockets for small things (there are two on the outside and a zip pocket inside). Plus, it has a separate compartment on the bottom, which although is perfect for shoes, I use for toiletries and books. The other thing I love about this bag is that it folds up tiny when not in use, so it's great for storage. Here's how I pack mine.
Seriously, it's awesome. If you're interested in exploring Lo & Sons a bit more, you can see a previous review I did on their OG and OMG bags here.
Thank you, Lo & Sons, for partnering with me for this post.