Today is one of the best days of the year. It's the start of the Sephora VIB Sale, which means 20% off high end cosmetics, skincare, & beauty tools with code 20VIB through November 14th! This is the stuff that never goes on sale, so it's for sure the time to stock up on your favorites. Speaking of favorites... even though I've switched to safer almost totally, there's still some things at Sephora that I really love (and miss. Nars Laguna Bronzer, I'm looking at you and your toxic, paraben self.)
Here are some favorites for you. These are all "safer" items that Sephora carries—and the great thing about these favorites is that most of them were my holy grail items before I even knew about safer beauty!
1. Tarte makes the prettiest eyeshadow palettes and this Tartelette in Bloom Palette is no exception. It's one of my go-tos for travel when I need lots of colors in one palette. It's also free of parabens and phthalates, toxins that are linked to cancer, ADHD, reproductive issues, etc.
2. Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick is a longtime favorite and it's all natural. The way it glides on is amazing, the pigment is rich, and it's long lasting. This one in "Pepper" is a shade I recently picked up, but it's perfect for fall. I can already tell it's going to be a holy grail.
3. If you haven't tried the RMS Living Luminizer then you're missing out! This is what makeup artists use on J. Crew models to give them that "lit from within" glow. Free of sulfates, parabens, and phthalates, too!
1. Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan is best at home tan I've tried. Formulated without Parabens, Harsh chemicals, Fragrance, Alcohol, Animal derivatives, Petrochemicals, Sulfates, and Silicones.
3. This Sephora PRO Featherweight Powder Brush #91 is the best face brush EVER. Seriously, get it and tell me I'm wrong! You'll fall in love too. I use it for all over powder and/or bronzer. Something about the shape of the bristles and how soft they are—it just makes for the best application.
2. This Tarte Smooth Operator Powder used to be my holy grail until I started using the Beautycounter powder, but I still love it the same! (The Tarte ingredients just aren't quite as safe. Otherwise, it's like the same product.)
3. Didn't realize I loved Tarte so much until making this post! But this Rainforest of the Sea Aquacealer Concealer is honestly so great. It's fool-proof, provides awesome coverage, but looks and feels light. Free of parabens and phthalates, too.
1. Loving my NuFace Trinity Facial Toning Device! This is the ultimate anti-ager. It helps with facial contour, skintone, and wrinkle improvement. I think the best thing to stock up on during this sale are expensive devices because that 20% off really makes a difference!
2. Y'all know my love for the Beautycounter Lip Sheers, but when I need more of a strong, matte lip, the bareMinerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolors are my go-to. Free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
3. I've loved the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes for years. The shade range is beautiful, the finish is great, and they are free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.