Sweet Watson, you are ten months old! You say "mama, "wow," and sometimes "ba-ba," which we are convinced is code for "Da-Da!" You love making funny sounds with your mouth, like smacking your lips real loud. You just started rolling your tongue and sticking it out at us, you silly boy! Daddy and I love watching you learn how to do new things every day. You're so adventurous and I think you'd eat all the potting soil and cat food if we'd let you! Waving to people is your favorite way to say hello and bye-bye. We are still waiting on your teeth—where are they!? You'll be walking soon, but take as long as you'd like because you're trying to grow up too quickly! I can't believe you've been here with us for 10 whole months. It seems like a blink of an eye, yet it seems like you've always been here. We just love you more than a million universes.
Above are some of our favorite "baby buys" over the past few months. Some of these you may recognize from my baby registry guide. Sharing a little about each one below!
1. B. LucKeys are so cute! Watson tries to put my keys in my mouth all the time. I think they are his favorite toy, but I recently found out that car keys are really dangerous for babies because they have lead in them. These play keys are awesome because they are heavy and feel like real keys. They make fun sounds, too.
2. It's true what they say. Freshly Picked shoes are the only ones that stay on Watson's feet! Plus, they're adorable. I want every color.
3. The Beaufort Bonnet Company jon jons are some of our favorites. They are worth the investment because they hold up so well, but I would definitely recommend buying a little bigger so that you can get as much use out of it as possible! I don't regret buying more expensive baby clothes... of course it's not necessary, but we just have a few and we wear them over and over and over. It makes me feel good knowing we are getting so much use out of each special outfit!
4. The Kidoozie Funtime Tractor is the BEST baby toy we have. Hands down! All of the animals make noises and are removable—perfect for babies who always like to hold things in their hands. The tractor moves, sings, and honks! Seriously, the best.
5. Watson hangs out in his Joovy Spoon Walker while I'm in the kitchen. It's a walker and high chair in one, so it keeps him entertained while he munches on a snack. Sometimes we have meals in this when Brandon or I feel like sitting on the floor while feeding him. The tray is dishwasher safe!
6. We hadn't had any diaper rash problems until about two months ago. This Boudreaux's Butt Paste is the best I've found at soothing that little bottom. Go ahead and get the tub. It's thick and kind of hard to get out of the tube, plus you'll run out fast!
7. Rattle & Roll Car: The cage on the top of this car is perfect for baby fingers. It's light, it rolls, and it rattles. Plus it's super inexpensive! Watson loves this thing and it's small enough to tote around in my bag.
8. We've tried a few, but this Baby Bjorn One Air is our favorite carrier. Watson loves it, too. I think all of their carriers would be equally as good, but we love the mesh fabric on the air because it's breathable in the hot Charleston climate. You can scoop it up on Amazon, too. Speaking of Baby Bjorn, we still use and love our travel crib every time we leave home with W overnight. It's a lifesaver. Honestly, that and the Dockatot have been our number one baby items of all.
9. We use the Baby Jogger Summit X3 Jogging Stroller every day. Watson loves being outside, so we are constantly walking around the neighborhood, up to the grocery store or library, and to some nearby shops!
10. This thing was a big hit once Watson started wanting to stand up all the time. The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Puppy and Friends Learning Table is the perfect activity table. I bring it with me all over the house throughout the day.
11. We love our Baby Care Play Mat! It's pricey, but worth every penny. I had another one, but ultimately switched to this one because it has a lot better padding. I find myself wanting to lay down on this mat, which is perfect because I pretty much do every day while playing with W. Also love how it's reversible. I have it on the polka dot side now, but will switch to the "town" side once Watson gets a little bigger and starts playing more with cars and trucks.
12. Cuddle + Kind dolls are so cute and soft, plus they support a great mission. Buying one doll feeds 10 children in need.