Fun Date and an OOTD!

Last week, Brandon and I went to Bottles ‘n Brushes here in Charleston.

Basically, this painting studio features a different piece of artwork each night.  Customers can enjoy a nice, cold beverage while creating his or her own masterpiece!

We decided to paint a red fish, since it’s somewhat masculine. Hey, I was lucky to get Brandon to agree to this! (Secretly, I knew he’d enjoy it!)

Our setup was prepared for us, pre-arrival…

Then we got started painting. It’s amazing how two hours can fly by when you’re hard at work! Brandon and I are both such perfectionists, so we both had extreme concentration.

my fish during the first few steps… see where I smudged blue on his head? Fail!

my fish during the blending process

…and our final results:

Here’s my fish:

We had a great time!  Have any of you been to a class like this?

***

I’m so happy to have consistently warm days.

It was wonderful to be able to wear a cotton dress yesterday!

I purchased this comfy, casual sundress from Express this weekend.  Love the color!

Hope you’ve all been blessed with gorgeous weather, too!

XO

1. March 16, 2011 / 3:01 am

I didn't see that dress last week when I was busy buying another LOL booo. super cute though!!!

LOVE the fish…no art painting class like that around here!! 🙁

2. March 16, 2011 / 3:23 am

This sounds like so much fun, I will have to see if there is something like that around here…
    Love the dress.
    No Express in Calgary! 🙁

3. March 16, 2011 / 4:09 am

You are adorable, and your blog is so super cute! We have one of these wine and paint places in Dallas and I've always wanted to go!! Now I want to go even more. Love that dress, too!

New follower =)

Linds

4. March 16, 2011 / 12:39 pm

Great job! I feel the same way about if I could just get my bf to go to the class, I know he would enjoy it.

5. March 16, 2011 / 1:05 pm

love that dress…i think i saw a similar one on F21.com and it's currently waiting in my wish list box until i get some more $$. 🙂

i REALLY, REALLY want to do that painting class when i'm in charleston next weekend. i wish we had something like that here in greenville. i've seen so many of my chas blog buddies blog about it.

6. March 16, 2011 / 1:13 pm

That looks like fun! They turned out so cute. And I love that dress. I have a similar one from Old Navy.

7. March 16, 2011 / 2:09 pm

Such a fun date!! I love it! I'm actually going to check into it & I love that you ALWAYS look cute 🙂

8. March 16, 2011 / 2:49 pm

Wow! I am not artistic at all so I don't know if I could pull that off. Completely jealous of the warm weather you are having. I am craving sunshine in the worst way!

9. March 16, 2011 / 6:50 pm

I'm so jealous of your painting! I've always wanted to do one of those classes and I might just have to look into it. So fun! xo

10. March 17, 2011 / 1:21 am

That looks like such a fun class! I need to find something like that for my hubs and I. I did get him to try yoga recently! To my surprise, he loves it! lol How amazing is that?! Love your cotton dress – so cute!

xx

11. March 18, 2011 / 10:17 pm

I so want to do one of those classes! Sadly there are none around here. Enjoy your pretty weather. It's hitting 80 here today!!

12. March 20, 2011 / 4:02 pm

I've heard of that place! Great paintings, makes me want to try it out with my boyfriend 😉

13. March 23, 2011 / 1:25 am

My friend has been going to Bottles & Brushes a lot recently…and your picture of Red's in another post, ahh! Makes me miss living Charleston! Especially since I'm sure you're having glorious weather! 🙂 I could use a little Folly Beach or IOP in my life this weekend…hehe 🙂

14. March 23, 2011 / 1:37 am

you and your boy are so freaking cute!! just stumbled on your blog <3

15. March 27, 2011 / 4:33 pm

I can't wait to get to Charleston and go to Bottles and Brushes!!