Surprise!

Yesterday, Brandon and I decided to take a walk on the beach before dinner.  We’ve made the goal to become more active as a couple, whether it be taking a walk together, playing tennis, etc.

I was telling him all about the productive day that I had. I ordered graduation flowers, got my tickets and  found an awesome dress for the ceremony (We don’t wear caps & gowns. Girls wear white dresses and the guys wear white tuxedos).

I suppose he figured he’d add to my great day by giving me my graduation gift a little early.

We got out of the car and he grabbed a purple gift bag.

…and this is what was inside…

I opened the packaging that held the little apple first.

…then, the big apple.

Any guesses?

He’s taking me to New York City!

…the DAY after I graduate on May 7th.

We will be there for four days and have tickets to see the broadway show, Mary Poppins, and go to a Yankees game.  We’re trying to build the rest of our itinerary right now …does anyone have any suggestions about what we just must do while we’re there?

It was a wonderful surprise because he knows how crazy I am over NYC and how much I’ve been dying to go back!

***

OOTD:

Coral Sweater from J.Crew, Belt from Banana Republic, Dress from Francesca’s Collection, Turquoise Sandals from Target

Hope you are all having a lovely day!

XO

1. April 20, 2011 / 5:38 pm

what a neat surprise. you're gonna love nyc!

and i love that outfit. i love how coral and turquoise go together.

2. April 20, 2011 / 5:50 pm

Oh my gosh…that is such a great surprise!!!! i am so jealous!

i love your dress!

3. April 20, 2011 / 5:58 pm

What a great gift! My suggestion for NYC? Food! Oh there is a great store called Century 21 that's like a huge TJMaxx with bigger and better brands. Have fun!

4. April 20, 2011 / 6:00 pm

That's SO cute!!! I love the creativity! 🙂

Outfit's super cute too!

New follower!

5. April 20, 2011 / 6:07 pm

If you are up early in the morning go to the Flower District in Chelsea, beautiful! and BLT Prime is a great restaurant in Gramercy.

6. April 20, 2011 / 6:12 pm

Aw, I remember in your Miss Charleston pageant you talked about how much you loved NYC. So happy you get to go back! What a sweet boyfriend you have 😉

7. April 20, 2011 / 6:13 pm

Welllll I am a jealous little monkey seeing as though my trip 2 weeks ago canceled for that destination — If you take me — I will carry your bags for you all haha….obviously you need to take a carriage ride in NYC 🙂
    I LOVE that you are going to a Yankees game! I WAS SET TO GO TOOO!! You will loooove it and have to tell me ALL about it when you get home!!
    My friend who lives there tells me that you have to go to a ROOF top bar at night because it overlooks the city and its amazing lights and it is breathe taking — he has actually texted me pictures from one before of the skyline and its just — breathetaking!! And obviously shop in SOHO and LV!!!!! 🙂 did I mention I was jealous???

Also! I love the CofC tradition – how you don't wear gowns! When I took a tour around downtown our tour guide was telling us that your all's graduations are quite the lovely affair 🙂

8. April 20, 2011 / 6:22 pm

SO EXICTING!!!!! WHAT AN AWESOME GRADUATION GIFT!!! YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!! 🙂

9. April 20, 2011 / 6:32 pm

NYC! Lucky bum! That will be such a fun trip. xoxo

10. April 20, 2011 / 6:37 pm

A stop at Serendipity for a sweet treat is a must! Central Park is always beautiful to take a stroll… or a romantic carriage ride. And of course… shopping!! The Forever 21 in Times Square is HUGE… 4 or 5 stories. Enjoy! I LOVE NYC 🙂

11. April 20, 2011 / 8:22 pm

That's such a great surprise!! You're a lucky, lucky, girl!! I don't have any suggestions since I've never been but I hope it's a blast & I can't wait to see the pictures!

12. April 20, 2011 / 8:38 pm

I totally agree, Central Park is a MUST and a carriage ride!
    Also:
    – Eat at the boat house resturant in Central Park
    – Definitely take a cab
    – Get some NY style pizza
    – Walk around Times Square (at night too)
    – Of course do some shopping
    – SoHo and Little Italy have cute shops/resturants
    – Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge

13. April 20, 2011 / 8:40 pm

What a great and creative surprise!

Found your blog today from Blonde Episodes!

14. April 20, 2011 / 9:01 pm

I am so jealous! I've been to new york four times & it is my favorite place in the world! And I'm especially jealous that you get to see Mary Poppins!

My suggestions as to where to go would be Ellen's Stardust Diner one morning for breakfast. The waiters and waitresses are all aspiring broadway stars and they sing while they serve you. There place is cheesy but the atmosphere is so fun and the breakfast is to die for! I recommend their french toast.

here's their website:

Other than that I would go to Battery Park, the Met, of course all the stores of 5th Ave, and the area of central park that is near the Plaza (it's so gorgeous).

Have a great trip!!

15. April 20, 2011 / 10:24 pm

What a great surprise!

16. April 21, 2011 / 3:12 am

What a great way to give you your gift the apple idea is just precious!!!

Is the white dress on Graduation an South Carolina tradition only? I've never heard of anyone not wearing caps and gowns! Your Graduation seems so much more classy!! 🙂 Love that!

17. April 21, 2011 / 3:40 am

New York!! How exciting! And being active as a couple is great, my high school sweetie and I used to play all kinds of sports together (tennis, baseball, volleyball) and it was so fun!

18. April 21, 2011 / 11:51 am

YAY!!! How exciting!!
    This is so surreal because we have just been to NYC on holiday and my hubby surprised me in a similar way – not apples but dollar notes:)

We say Mary Poppins and watched a Yankees game – absolute must do's!! Try also see Jersey Boys and a Knicks game, and visit Carlos's bakery from The Cake Boss – eat as much as you can and shop until you drop!!

ENJOY x

19. April 21, 2011 / 2:08 pm

Awww, yay! Such a cute surprise!! 🙂 I'd like to hear how Dash NY is – the one in Miami wasn't as great as I'd hoped it would be.

Have fun!

MEGAN LAND
    xx

20. April 24, 2011 / 2:14 pm

Have so much fun in NYC!! The Meat Packing District is HOT right now and there are TONS of awesome restaurants – Spice Market has AMAZING drinks (you HAVE to try their ginger margarita) and Fatty Crab just has delicious food (it's tiny, but YUM). My all-time favorite restaurant is Stanton Social – the decor, the food, the staff…all amazing.

Check out my post about our trip to NYC last summer…we went to tons of restaurants!! And if you have time, the Empire State Building is so worth it 🙂

I can't wait to see where you go!

xoxo
    Jess

21. April 26, 2011 / 2:57 am

I just got back from NYC!! It was SOO MUCH fun. You MUST go to Ellens Stardust Diner! The waiters and waitresses were SO talented! Also, if you love chocolate you need to go to Max Brenner's at Union Square. The food was amazing! For amazing family style Italian (none of the weird….I've-never-heard-of-that-type food) you need to go to Carmine's. It is right off of Times Square. And no…I didn't eat the whole time. Hahaaa.

Definitely walk through Central Park. And instead of waiting for hours in line at the Empire State building, we went to the Top of the Rock instead at Rockefeller Center. It overlooks Central Park and you get a spectacular view of the Empire State Bldg.

You are going to have a ball!!

22. April 28, 2011 / 4:49 am

I live in New York and i must say there are a billion and one things you must do but you only have four days. First congrats on your graduation and god bless your thoughtful boyfriend. Here are a few ideas i have put together for you.
    Romantic Dinner – http://www.rivercafe.com/

Great ice cream & beautiful view- http://www.brooklynicecreamfactory.com/

Feeling spontaneous- http://www.longislandskydiving.com/

Afternoon at the museum- http://www.longislandskydiving.com/

College graduate fun- http://masondixonnyc.com/ (ride the bull!!)

Great tour of manhattan- http://www.manhattankayak.com/mkc2.php?screen=calendar&month=5&year=2011

Must have dessert- http://www.creperienyc.com/

spontaneous again?- http://newyork.trapezeschool.com/index.php

Dig into some good old fun- http://www.chelseapiers.com/gc01.htm

ever been to a flea market? – http://www.brooklynflea.com/

I hope this was helpful. Have a great time in my beautiful city!!