gloomy days, bad teachers, and protein!

Has this week just flown by for anyone else?

Gloomy day here in Charleston.  Hope this isn’t any reflection of the weekend! I would love to spend my Saturday morning strolling around the Farmer’s Market in pretty weather.

Anyway, to make up for the lack of sunshine today, I decided to feel bright & cheerful by wearing a Lilly dress to work.

***

Anyone planning on going to see Bad Teacher over the weekend?

I love Cameron Diaz & hope this movie is really cute!  I think I will wait to see it after I hear some reviews.

…so if you see it, let me know!  😉

***

…waiting for my shipment of protein powder to come in today.

Oh my gosh, did I really just say that?

Protein powder?

I never thought I’d be a “protein shake” girl, but I decided to give it a try.

Although this is the “light” version of Muscle Milk, it’s still higher in fat than other protein powder options.  But I still decided to get this one because I’ve heard it tastes really good …and let’s face it, if I don’t like it, I won’t drink it.  So there.

I’ll let you know if I notice any differences in hunger cravings/energy/lean muscle/etc.

If I do, I’m going to buy the vanilla flavor to put in smoothies!

This product is normally around $40 full price, but I got it on Amazon for $15.77.

Have I mentioned how much I LOOOVE Amazon?

Well, I do.

***

That’s all I’ve got ladies… well, & Brandon (who checks up on my blog multiple times a day to see y’alls comments, hehe)

Happy Friday!

XO

1. June 24, 2011 / 2:45 pm

Cute dress. I hope that movie is good too.
    Let me knwow about the protein powder and what you think, thanks!

2. June 24, 2011 / 2:57 pm

Yep headed to see the movie today at noon with a few other teachers I teach with! 🙂

3. June 24, 2011 / 3:32 pm

I love that dress! & what beautiful tan legs you have 🙂

4. June 24, 2011 / 3:32 pm

I know that Lilly– It's cute!! You always have thee cutest outfits! You should do a closet sale!!!!!!!!! but sell all the stuff you just buy! 🙂 Anyhoooo — let me know how you like the muscle milk, I've been thinking about trying it myself.

Hiiiiii Brandon! haha
    Have a good weekend Meggy-roo

5. June 24, 2011 / 3:40 pm

I am going to a farmers market this Saturday! Cant wait to see what they have this weekend 🙂 Love amazon too! Have a great weekend girl.

Ashley

6. June 24, 2011 / 4:12 pm

Let me know what you think about the protein powder! I've tried Go Lean protein powder in chocolate. That's good. I recommend blending the powders with a little bit of skim milk and ice! Tastes like a milkshake =)

7. June 24, 2011 / 4:32 pm

Saw the movie last night! It was very funny a bit raunchy but none the less had me laughing 🙂 Enjoy!

8. June 24, 2011 / 6:46 pm

I'm so happy today is pretty in Chs and not a gloomfest like yesterday! I've never tried a protein powder, interested to hear how it goes. Thanks for telling me your lunch break gym routine, I'm impressed!!

9. June 24, 2011 / 8:23 pm

Cute blog! I just stumbled upon it! (:
    I am so excited to see bad teacher!! I am going tonight for a girls night. It should be fun. I have strawberry protein to put in shakes, but haven't tried anything yet. lol Hope you have a great weekend!
    I can't wait to read more of your posts! xoxo

10. June 24, 2011 / 9:04 pm

I love AMAZON, thankfully I have the app so it comes in handy all the time ( that can actually be a bad thing !) .

Yay for Protein Shakes. I love them.

11. June 24, 2011 / 9:10 pm

I can't wait to hear about how the Muscles Milk tastes. I've always wanted to find out how it tastes, but the $40 tag always stopped me.

12. June 27, 2011 / 12:51 pm

I wore Lily Pants on Friday as well to cheer myself up from the gloom. Love you blog! I just started one myself and would love for you to check it out 🙂

~Liz

13. June 28, 2011 / 5:21 pm

Please let me know how the protein poweder thing goes. I have been wanting to try protein shakes, since I don't eat meat, but I haven't yet.

14. June 29, 2011 / 3:31 am

Saw Bad Teacher the other night, even funnier than I had hoped! Especially because I am about to be a real teacher in Aug. and can relate. Let's just hope I don't resort to using fundraiser $$ on a boob job!!! haha

15. June 29, 2011 / 10:57 pm

My husband drinks that muscle milk stuff, hehe! He thinks the mint chocolate chip cookie is the best flavor! He definitely always orders it off of Amazon too; such a better deal!