Peanut Butter & a Little Black Dress

It has been a slow morning already & I’m just catching up on all of your lovely blogs.

…that is, while I eat peanut butter toast & sip on coffee.

Have I ever admitted my extreme love of peanut butter to you all?  I think I did on one of my first posts ever -about a year ago.

Seriously- I tote it to work all the time. No shame here.

By the way, here’s an OOTD. A typical “work attire” for me:

In Brandon’s temporary”dining room” that has a hodge podge of random furniture in it. (no table, though)

Lately I’ve been washing my hair at night & letting it air dry.  My new iniative is to keep my hair away from heat tools throughout the weekdays. Then, on the weekends, I can use the blow dryer/flat iron/curling iron and not cringe about it.

See…notice my hair is up in a pony tail.  That’s kind of regular -although I do try to switch it up & experiment with other “up-dos.”

you know …a little twist here and there to change things up a bit:

Pardon the little piece sticking up (well, it’s actually sticking down) in the back.  This was after the gym one day & I didn’t put as much effort into my twist the second time around as when I threw it up first thing in the morning.

Every now & then I’ll blow it out before work, but I usually just save that for the weekends.  Call me lazy, but I’ve just found that I like my hair away from my face throughout the work-day.  Ask me again in two weeks & it may be a different story 🙂

Also, my muscle milk came in… and after two protein shake, I can report that I have huge muscles now.

I kid, I kid – I will continue drinking it an hour before my lunchtime workout & let you know when I start noticing results.  That is, if I do. By the way, I’m not trying to bulk up.  Just want to make that clear here!

I think I was expecting the shake to taste just like chocolate milk, but lets face it -it’s protein powder and water.  It’s not going to be great …& as it turns out, it’s not.  But it’s definitely not bad at all.  I think if I put it in almond milk, it would be super tasty.  The serving is small -so it’s not like I’m sipping on this gigantic protein shake.  Just about 10 sips and it’s gone.  So it doesn’t have to be yummy, I guess.

That’s all I’ve got for today.

Hope you all have wonderful Thursdays!

XO

ps. Glad you all enjoyed the baby animal photos as much as I did!

1. June 30, 2011 / 2:26 pm

I love that Kate Spade bag – gotta get me one of those! And your hair looks super cute in your up-do photo!

2. June 30, 2011 / 2:52 pm

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who loves peanut butter that they take it with them to work! Super cute bag too 🙂

3. June 30, 2011 / 3:53 pm

Protein shakes are yum! Mister Wonderful makes me drink them from time to time.I like them to fill me up so I don't snack when I come home from the gym!

4. June 30, 2011 / 4:37 pm

new follower – love the kate spade bag! i bring a ridiculous amount of food with me to work 🙂

5. June 30, 2011 / 5:09 pm

I love your black mixed with the turquoise necklace. Very classy. You have time for a lunch time workout? Lucky girl!

6. June 30, 2011 / 5:18 pm

Props to you for working out during your lunch break. How do you not sweat and look that great afterward? Ahh!!

7. June 30, 2011 / 6:12 pm

I love that you look like a million bucks after your lunch workouts. You go girly!

8. June 30, 2011 / 6:44 pm

Seriously, you are so skinny! I need to hit the gym myself, you look great!

9. June 30, 2011 / 6:55 pm

Haha I love peanut butter too 🙂 happy Thursday!!

10. June 30, 2011 / 7:13 pm

you can come to work with me any day you'd like on two conditions: 1) you show me how to have pretty hair and 2)you bring the PB! heeh 🙂

11. June 30, 2011 / 9:13 pm

I love peanut butter too! That's hilarious you keep it in your purse.

12. June 30, 2011 / 10:00 pm

Love your OOTD! Where is your dress from? The Loft? It's so simple & so gorgeous! Peanut butter is my weakness too! I could eat it by the spoonful.

13. July 1, 2011 / 3:27 am

I'm the same way about my hair! I think I'm super lazy or something because I never blow dry my hair for work (or rarely). I am a night showerer so I let it air dry and put it up all the time. Show me some new ways to wear my hair because a pony tail gets old! 🙂

14. July 2, 2011 / 8:17 pm

Love your OOTD you are soooo pretty! (: I have that blender bottle. It is great for me to bring to school. If I make shakes in the blender I love adding some peanut butter!

15. July 3, 2011 / 1:29 am

Love the black dress with the turquoise to set it off! I keep peanut butter in my car, so I'm right there with you!

16. July 3, 2011 / 6:31 am

Just found your blog and LOVE it! I'm a total peanut butter fanatic too and feel like I put it on everything!

I love your cute little work outfit, especially that necklace!! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend 🙂

17. July 29, 2011 / 12:22 pm

I've been working out a lot lately and have never tried making a protien shake! So I must try this. My husband makes them all the time and swears by them..