Saturday Night Special

Sad that David Yurman has raised their prices…

I got this bracelet for $390 in December

via

…and now the price has been raised to $450!

I know that prices are constantly inflated, but gosh…don’t y’all just hate to watch it happen!?

Sorry, forgot to flip this picture after I sent it to my email from my phone!

But my invisible tears have been wiped away with the satisfactions I’ve gained from my at-home manicure tonight.

Thanks to Miss Pink Lou Lou, I learned that it is, in fact, possible to glam up your nails without paying to get them done each week!

I just used this

…then this (dipped in nail polish remover to clean up the edges)

…followed by two coats of this

a.k.a the BEST top coat in the world.  It dries remarkably fast & makes your nails feel so hard! Super shiny, too.

By the way, I bought this glycolic peel on Amazon & it is fantastic!

I bought the 35% strength.  Before bed once a week, I’ll apply it to clean skin with my fingers.  I let it sit on my skin for 10 minutes & am left with very little redness after I rinse it off.  Then I apply a heavy moisturizer & wake up the next morning with super bright and smooth skin!

Buy it here.

Told ya I love Amazon 🙂

XO

1. June 26, 2011 / 5:25 am

I need me one of those little nail brushes!!! 🙂
    I am very sad about the David Yurman price increase. I can't remember what I got mine for, I am still after the one with the clasp, but it's much higher in price than the cuff bracelets 🙁

2. June 26, 2011 / 2:12 pm

I am very impressed with that manicure! That peel sounds really neat! Maybe I should try that 😉

3. June 26, 2011 / 2:51 pm

Wow, good work on the manicure! And ugh, I hate when my favorite places jack up their prices!

4. June 26, 2011 / 5:31 pm

I can't believe that they decided to up the prices AGAIN. Everything just seems to be getting more and more expensive, so becoming good DIY manicures are definately a nessesity.

5. June 26, 2011 / 9:43 pm

I seriously heart David Yurman. I have had my eye on a DY aquamarine ring for ages, maybe one day I can afford it. Your manicure looks amazing and I am def going to order the peel.

6. June 27, 2011 / 2:32 am

I have been wanting a certain David Yurman ring forever and haven't been able to afford it. I keep checking for sales, but on top of DY raising prices they must never have sales! Your manicure is darling by the way!

7. June 27, 2011 / 7:51 pm

I have the same David Yurman bracelet.. the one w/ the clasp. I got it this past Christmas from my boyfriend. 🙂

8. June 30, 2011 / 12:49 am

I've been looking for a good top coat so thanks for the suggestions. Your nails look fantastic!

-Katie, marriedwithapup.blogspot.com

9. July 3, 2011 / 1:23 pm

wow!! very impressive!! maybe i'll try this out soon, it really looks fab!!

10. July 25, 2011 / 6:28 am

Im so Inlove with you!! To be honest I never wright that! But something so charming and sweet about you! Wish we could live closer and be friends)

Yelena