design crush: {black and white}

I’m having a black and white moment.

Maybe it was seeing footage of Rachel Zoe’s ever-so-perfectly designed home.

Perhaps it was spending hours tuning in to Kim Kardashian’s fairytale wedding.

Whatever it was, I’ve got the bug.

I read somewhere that every room should have a touch of black.

Well, I’m starting to agree.

I’m dying over these black and white striped drapes and am beginning to think that they might be the perfect addition to my curtain-less bedroom.

Adding black to a room doesn’t have to be so literal.

It can be done with just a pop of black in a piece of furniture, pillows, or in a chunky frame.

In love with this rug.

Crate and Barrel 8×10 Olin Rug: $299

Xo.

photos via Pinterest

1. October 24, 2011 / 3:35 pm

I love black and white together for clothing or the home, it always looks so classic and chic!
    ps-love the new blog design/name! 🙂

2. October 24, 2011 / 3:55 pm

Love love love black and white together. A lot of my rooms are based around black, white and then one pop of color.

3. October 24, 2011 / 8:38 pm

Im loving black and white decor too! Thanks for all the gorgeous pics to look at!

4. October 25, 2011 / 2:04 am

My hubs is NOT a fan of curtains and would probably kill me if I tried to get black and white striped curtains. I'm convinced the only way I'll be able to win him over is by making them super subtle…probably the color of the walls, ha!

5. October 25, 2011 / 4:49 pm

Black and white LOVE!!! All of these images are fabulous.

6. October 26, 2011 / 3:56 am

I love black and white but especially stripes. I just ordered a new Kate Spade phone cover in black and white stripes! Another great post honey! Kori xoxo

7. October 26, 2011 / 12:31 pm

I love the black and white that also includes wood. I think the all whitew furniture is too feminine.

8. October 28, 2011 / 3:20 am

Ahh, I can't even handle this post! I die over black & white – especially when they are stripes 🙂

I've been gone for too long, you have a new blog design! eep! Very cute! 🙂

MEGAN LAND