Friday {Five}

{1}
Navy blue has always been one of my favorite colors.  My room actually used to be painted navy blue & I loved the soothing atmosphere it created.
When I was on the treadmill today, circulating my thoughts, it hit me like a ton of bricks.
I really need a navy blue sofa.

Western Springs Living Room eclectic living room

eclectic living room design by other metros interior designer Debbie Basnett

Sex and the City – Carrie & Big’s home – via Pinterest

via Pinterest

via Pinterest

{2}
I seriously don’t know what to think about this.
You’ve probably seen this photo making its way around Pinterest.

Do you congratulate the parents of these kiddos for a costume well done or shake your head in disapproval? (By the way, I just learned that the “smh” thing means “shaking my head.”  I never knew why people would put those letters at the end of a tweet or Facebook post.)

All I can say is ….smh.

{3}
Brandon has been in Raleigh, NC all week for business, but is on his way back to Charleston right now.
To celebrate him being back … and well, to celebrate that it’s a day that ends in “y,” we’re going to our favorite restaurant, O-ku.

Until then, then is how my afternoon is looking…

I got off work a little early, so I was able to come home & enjoy this day the way any cold & dreary day should be treated…
…in my robe and slippers, with a candle lit and Real Housewives on in the background.

{4}
Here are two OOTDs from yesterday and today.

Vest: J. Crew, Black Knit Top: Banana Republic, Jeggings: Similar here, Flats: Tory Burch

Sweater: Banana Republic, Scarf: TJ Maxx find, Jeggings: Similar here, Wedges: Similar wedge style Tory Burch

{5}
This weekend, we are going to Beaufort to attend their rotary club’s oyster roast.  Brandon’s mom plays a very active role in their rotary.  Personally, I can’t think of a better way to give back to the community than to enjoy oysters!

I know oysters aren’t for everyone, but these events are something I look forward to every year when there starts to be a chill in the air.  All of us Lowcountry folks take our oyster roasts pretty seriously!  I absolutely love the taste & the atmosphere -when everyone gathers around a table chucking away!

1, 2, and 3 via

What do you all have planned this weekend?
Xo.

1. November 4, 2011 / 9:35 pm

Omg. I NEED a navy blue sofa. Seriously life changing the way you capture all the major moments with those photos. And LOVE the OOTDs. I think I own every piece 🙂

2. November 4, 2011 / 9:43 pm

Love the navy blue.. and I had NO idea what SMH meant either.. so thanks for that LOL! I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm getting old and losing the lingo 😉 I'm only 22… le sigh!

Btw, there's a giveaway on my blog! Free jewelry! 🙂

3. November 4, 2011 / 9:49 pm

i love the navy blue couch idea! especially how it's styled in the third pic. and i love oysters too. i would eat them everyday if i could

4. November 4, 2011 / 10:52 pm

Um, I think I need a navy sofa! I've thought about recovering our occasional chair in a navy velvet now, Im really tempted to do it.

5. November 4, 2011 / 11:25 pm

Need a cute vest like that in that color! Also, def approve of your leopard scarf TJMaxx find!

6. November 4, 2011 / 11:42 pm

Love the ideas and pictures posted here. Thanks for sharing.

7. November 5, 2011 / 12:45 am

I love all of this. And super cute outfits!

8. November 5, 2011 / 12:56 am

Where did you get your gold standing mirror? I have been on the hunt for one and came close to finding one at Homegoods, but it had a plain border and I like the details on the one you have. Great picts – thanks!

9. November 5, 2011 / 3:39 am

I love the photo with your candle & white vase. Great OOTD shots!

10. November 5, 2011 / 4:13 am

I am obsessed with your style!!

Where did you get your purse? I think I'm gonna need that.

Randomly came across your blog and am stalking you thinking, how did I not discover her before? And where is that mirror from??

xoxo
    Steph

11. November 5, 2011 / 1:32 pm

Navy blue has always been one of my favorite colors, both to wear and decorate with! Hope you had a great dinner! I love love oysters as well, especially oyster shooters!

12. November 5, 2011 / 5:59 pm

You must get a navy sofa! That Little Wayne costume is hillarious but also so wrong! Hope you have a great weekend!

13. November 5, 2011 / 6:36 pm

Those costumes are hilarious! Not something I would ever, I mean EVER do, but I will totally laugh at someone else's ridiculousness! What is that little girl supposed to be, anyway?

14. November 7, 2011 / 2:36 pm

love the navy blue couch and your cute little outfit posts!! adorable!!

xx katie