weekend

On Thursday night, I organized a surprise birthday dinner for Brandon at Taco Boy on Folly Beach.  I told him the week before that we could eat anywhere in Charleston & do anything he’d like.  Without hesitation, he asked me to ride bikes with him on the beach, then take him to Taco Boy.  He’s easy to please! While Brandon was thinking it was going to be just us two, we had about 15 people, including his parents, waiting for us to arrive at the restaurant.  He was so surprised to see almost all of his very closest friends at the table -especially his parents!  I can’t believe I was able to keep it a secret.  Here are some photos…

The whole gang…

My dear friends Ryan & Cody!

Brandon and his parents.  Doesn’t he look so much like his dad?

Brandon and I with my cousins Chrissy & Caroline -and Chrissy’s boyfriend, Adam!

Brandon’s cheeks are so funny in this pic!

We headed home on Friday to Beaufort and Ridgeland for Easter weekend.  I really don’t have any photos from the weekend, but this is what I wore on Friday before leaving Charleston:

(Old J. Crew top, old F21 necklace, & old GAP jeans!)

Mom made these cute cinnamon rolls on Easter morning!

Essie’s “Sugar Daddy” was in my Easter basket.  It’s apparently an award winning polish… and I can see why.  It leaves your nails looking clean, feminine and classic.  It has the perfect hint of pinky cream.  Definitely a new favorite for when I’m tired of my bright nails!  I painted them immediately when I pulled the polish out of the basket & didn’t use a top coat …pretty, no?

Brandon and I got back to Charleston first thing Monday morning and jetted back to work.  It’s always nice to end of the day and top off the weekend with a cruise down the Intracoastal on the boat!

Hope you all had a happy Easter!

Xo-M

1. April 11, 2012 / 2:27 am

Love the polish! And how sweet of you to organize a surprise party for Brandon – I'm sure he was thrilled! Love the coral jeans. xo

2. April 11, 2012 / 2:40 am

Love your Friday outfit! And I'm dying for that boat. How fun!

3. April 11, 2012 / 11:59 am

I recently stayed in Folly Beach for a bachelorette party and we went to Taco Boy at least 3 times while we were there! SO good!!

4. April 11, 2012 / 12:54 pm

Looks like you had such a relaxing weekend. Next time I'm down there I need to hit up Taco Boy!!

5. April 11, 2012 / 1:30 pm

I think I'm going to have to purchase that nail polish! Looks like a fabulous Easter weekend. 🙂

6. April 11, 2012 / 1:44 pm

Love that polish! Will definitely need to pick that up and make it my next color!

7. April 11, 2012 / 2:52 pm

I loveee that polish and your outfit. And super proud of you for keeping that secret – there's no way I could!

8. April 11, 2012 / 3:09 pm

that polish has been a long standing favorite of mine – glad you love it!

9. April 11, 2012 / 7:31 pm

awh, I love that you organized a surprise party for him..too sweet!! That polish is so pretty..def very feminine. We're going to Charleston the end of this month and we will def have to try Taco Boy!!

10. April 12, 2012 / 12:01 am

What a nice surprise for his birthday! I'm horrible at keeping secrets – especially when it's something I'm excited about like a party or a present I can't wait to give. I guess I'm still a little kid!

Question – I'm going down to Beaufort/Parris Island next week – any good restaurants we need to go to(I'll be with my family)?