Wedding Wednesday: Bits and Pieces

Rather than doing a post on one specific wedding topic, I’m going to rattle off a few different things we’ve got going on.

-As of today, we’ve changed our wedding time from 4pm to 5pm.  This is simply so that I can write “Five o’clock in the evening” on our invitation, instead of “Four o’clock in the afternoon.”  Sounds better… and that’s reason enough.

via

-Eyeing this cake… and this cake… and this cake 🙂

via

-So far, we’ve picked out our month-of-coordinator, rental company, florist, videographer, band, photographer, caterer, venues, stationery company… plus a few more.

Still need to find a vintage car for leaving the reception.

-Really admiring this sweet wedding.

Is she not the most beautiful bride you’ve ever laid your eyes on?

-I will be stealing this idea.

My mom has my grandmother’s wedding dress, which is made of complete lace.  I plan on wrapping a portion of it around my wedding bouquet.  I love knowing that a piece of her will physically be with me on the day I will marry Brandon.

Memie’s dress

Over halfway through the work week.  Yeah!

Oh, and happy summer, loves.

Xo-M

1. June 21, 2012 / 1:56 pm

Your grandmother's dress is beautiful! I plan on using part of my mom's veil for my bouquet. You have gotten a lot done, lady! May I ask which videographer you're using? I would love love love to hire one if we can work it into our budget! I just know that the day is going to go by so fast and having a video to look back on would be so sweet!

2. June 21, 2012 / 2:32 pm

Love the idea of putting your Grandma's wedding dress lace on your bouquet! So sweet!!

3. June 21, 2012 / 2:59 pm

I LOVE those cakes! That is so great and special that you get to use her dress as part of your wedding day. That bouquet is absolutely beautiful and yours will be too! So far, I love everything about your wedding planning! It's going to be so gorgeous!

4. June 21, 2012 / 3:37 pm

Love the idea of using a piece of your grandmother's dress..so sentimental!

5. June 21, 2012 / 3:42 pm

im OBSESSED with the lace around the bouquet.. so sentimental and gorgeous!

also, went to a wedding in Memphis this past weekend and they used a vintage RR as their getaway car… the car broke down 2 streets over– so be careful and do your research 🙂 just a little warning HAHA!

6. June 21, 2012 / 3:54 pm

loving all of your classic touches for your wedding! I took the lace from my moms dress to make a bouquet cuff and to top the ring bearer pillow, love personal touches like that!

7. June 21, 2012 / 4:23 pm

Oh I LOVED her wedding! She was one of the girls in the movie Drive Me Crazy from back in the day, so pretty! 🙂

8. June 21, 2012 / 5:37 pm

your wedding posts makes me so happy! that car… so perfect!

9. June 21, 2012 / 7:44 pm

I had part of my mother's dress wrapped around my bouquet! It was lace with the buttons.

I also did monogrammed koozies to ask my ladies. 🙂

We have similar tastes!

10. June 21, 2012 / 8:59 pm

I don't know if I could be more excited about a wedding if it were my own 🙂

11. June 22, 2012 / 12:15 am

Love love looove that you will be using her dress! Amazing!

12. June 22, 2012 / 11:29 am

This comment has been removed by the author.