she's making a list and checking it twice {Wedding Wednesday}

My girl Megan at Fried Green Pickles gave me the idea to create a Wedding Wednesday checklist to show the progress I’m making in my planning.  For any new readers, Brandon proposed last November and we’re getting married on April 27, 2013!

Anyway, here’s my list so far…

Set a date

Book venue

Book photographer

Book videographer

Book band

Ask bridal party to be in wedding

Book caterer & bar

Create wedding website  *Just have to publish it!

Register    *We’ve started this!

Book florist

Buy wedding dress

Book ceremony musician

Book rentals

Take engagement pictures

Select bridesmaid dresses
Select and order groom & groomsmen attire
Purchase veil and accessories for dress

Book cake baker
Hire coordinator

Buy cake knife & server

Order save the dates    *Narrowed it down to two options!
Finalize guest list     *Almost, but it’s SO HARD!!

Send save the dates  *September

Book officiant   (My childhood priest!)

Pre-marital counseling (soon)

Order guest book

Hotel room blocks
Hire a calligrapher

Engagement announcement in The Beaufort Gazette, The Sumter Daily Item, and The Jasper Sun

MOB & MOG dress shopping

Find wedding shoes

Find wedding jewelry

Find garter     *Brandon’s parents brought me back one from Belgium!

Book makeup artist & hair stylist *Working on this!

Menu tasting

Take bridal portraits / hair & make up trial

1st dress fitting (November)
2nd dress fitting

Order ceremony programs

Figure out where I’m getting ready & where Brandon is getting ready

Order invitations

Mail invitations

Book rehearsal dinner venue

Book RD music

Buy RD dress

Order koozies

Book transportation for church to reception for bridal party    (Historic white trolley!)

Order monogrammed cocktail napkins

Buy bridal party gifts

Bachelorette party

Bridal shower

Purchase wedding bands

Put together picture list for photographer

Get marriage license

Order wedding favors

Book transportation from reception to hotel

Book honeymoon *Getting reeeeaaallly close!

RD invitations

RD groom’s cake

Music selections to band and ceremony artist

Book wedding night hotel room

Order thank you notes

Wedding announcement in Beaufort Gazette, The Sumter Daily Item and The Jasper Sun

Walk down the aisle & say I do!

Also…

I must have been under a rock yesterday because I completely missed the memo about the start of the Endless Summer sale at Lilly Pulitzer.   Apparently the site crashed all afternoon because of the amazing sales.

Hello dresses for $50-$100.  Please do yourself a favor and pick up some things.  You deserve it.  (That’s what I just told myself at least.)

Xo-M

1. August 22, 2012 / 5:52 pm

thank you for posting your list!! I just got engaged last friday and I've been spending the past few days trying to find something of this sort to get me started 🙂

2. August 22, 2012 / 6:56 pm

Megan, I absolutly adore your blog, and wow you are very ontop of all the planning! I was wondering how you went about finding a calligrapher? are they doing ink or digital?

3. August 22, 2012 / 7:14 pm

if there is one thing on your list that is easy to forget, but is an absolute must to remember, its the picture list for the photographer. I completely kept putting this off at my first wedding and pics went crazy. I'm not in hardly any of them and I was the bride…but in hindsight, i figured out why. I evidently wasn't supposed to be at that wedding, but someone forgot to tell me I was marrying a complete mr. wrong. So glad you've found your Mr. perfect, and I can say with great pride, that I remembered the list at my second wedding, and the wedding, the marraige, and the pictures are quite perfect!!!

4. August 23, 2012 / 12:09 am

You are moving right along on your list!! Looks great! I do not live in SC but my sister owns a salon downtown on East Bay called POSH. They do tons of wedding hair & makeup. Just thought I would mention it in case you needed some ideas. They have a facebook page & I can get you their info if you would like!

5. August 23, 2012 / 1:36 am

This is a great idea! I'm getting married next April too. Seeing your progress will serve as a great reminder.

I saw that you mentioned monogrammed cocktail napkins. I had them on my list too. I recently came across a monogram embosser that can be used on napkins, ribbon, paper, etc. I thought it was a clever approach and would have more longevity since you could use it on so many things. Just thought I would pass this along: http://pinterest.com/pin/102597697730687390/

6. August 23, 2012 / 3:44 pm

Great job at checking things off the list! I need to get Cameron motivated to speak to the travel agent about our honeymoon! That is his one solo responsibility.

7. August 25, 2012 / 3:17 pm

Great idea about having the wedding list – great for you to keep in check and for great for us to watch your progress!!
    Such an exciting journey that you have both embarked on… I've been married for almost 2 years but I wish we could re-do it over and over every yeasr – one day is just not enough!!
    Enjoy every moment.