the view from my weekend

Mom and I had a very successful trip to Charlotte!  No, I didn’t catch a glimpse of Emily Maynard.  I was seriously crossing my fingers to run into her in Neimans.  Boo.

I found my wedding shoes!  I fell in love with Jimmy Choos.  The Nova is the prettiest and most comfortable pump I’ve ever put on my feet.

The shoes in the middle are gorgeous and I loved the way they looked on my feet.  They weren’t as comfortable as the Nova (left and right), plus the sales associate told me that the straps stretch a ton, causing brides feet to come straight out of the shoe!  Um, no.

We seriously shopped ’til we dropped and had such a great time.

We also had our first trip to The Cheesecake Factory.  This was probably the best part of the meal 😉

I got back late Sunday night and watched Maid of Honor with Brandon while eating pizza.  Does that not sound like the perfect relaxing Sunday evening?   Last night, we went to Best Buy and he got me the…

Canon Rebel T3i!

I’m so excited to start taking some quality photos.  I really don’t know what I’m doing, but I was impressed with the pictures I snapped around the house last night.

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions on the camera battle.  I was told that Nikons and Canons are so comparable and really, you should just buy the one that feels best in your hand.  If you’ve got any helpful Canon tutorials for beginners, by all means, send them to this sister!

Xo-M

1. August 21, 2012 / 3:03 pm

Oh man I'm so jealous! Of the shoes, the cheesecake and the fancy pants camera. Looks like a great weekend!

2. August 21, 2012 / 3:08 pm

ahhh those shoes are so gorgeous! perfect wedding shoes 🙂

3. August 21, 2012 / 3:10 pm

I love Charlotte! It's such a cute southern town with a big city northern feel thrown in.
    Jimmy Choos are PERFECTION! Love the ones you picked out.

I'm so glad you got to try a Cheesecake Factory… those are seriously the bomb.com.
    So glad you had a great weekend hun!
    xoxo

4. August 21, 2012 / 4:30 pm

Love the wedding shoes!

I love the bread at Cheesecake Factory! so delish! and the raspberry cheesecake isn't bad either.

Congrats on the new camera! I'm slowly making my way to the big boys. I upgrade my user friendly (but craptastic) Kodak for the Panasonic Luminox. It works good for now…especially since I don't know how to get fancy with the settings. So I'm not quite ready for the ulimate upgrade just yet.

5. August 21, 2012 / 5:04 pm

Yaaay for wedding shoes! And a camera?? What a great weekend!

6. August 21, 2012 / 5:32 pm

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! But truth be told, any weekend that includes the Cheesecake factory is perfection in my book!

7. August 21, 2012 / 6:32 pm

I have a Cannon T3i and you made the right choice! It's an awesome camera, I got it for Christmas and am still learning how to use all the features!! You're going to love it.

8. August 21, 2012 / 7:06 pm

I have a Canon Rebel and I love it! There are some great books and articles out there but I've found that I learn best by trial and error when it comes to using my camera and editing photos. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!

9. August 21, 2012 / 8:11 pm

I love my Canon Rebel! I think you will be very happy with your camera choice 🙂

10. August 22, 2012 / 6:00 pm

You're going to love the cannon

11. August 23, 2012 / 9:15 am

That cheese cake looks de-lish!
    Nice new camera, congrats!

Brooke

12. August 23, 2012 / 6:39 pm

Ok, you are going to have to tell me exactly what you think about your new camera now and then in a month or so. I want one for my birthday or Christmas, but have no idea which one I want.