Friday Five

{1}

My friends, there is a chill in the air in Charleston.  This means I get to wear my favorite kind of outfit… flats, leggings, a flowy blouse, and some chunky gold accessories.  On Monday, I popped on a black blazer and was ready for a low key day at work.

Colder weather also means some of this.

{2}

A new purchase.

She’s really pretty.

Really pretty.

But she’s heavy …and it doesn’t help that I could survive for a week solely off of the items in my purse.  I tried to downsize the amount of things I carry around, but it’s still slightly uncomfortable.  Heavier than my Speedy at least.

Sorry for the low quality photos, but what should I do?  I haven’t used it yet… just in case I change my mind.  Do I put up with the heavy purse or send it back for another one?

Tell me, tell me!

{3}

A really filling, pretty darn tasty nutrition bar.  I ate this while under the dryer at the hair salon yesterday.  I always get hungry when I’m under that thing and this time, I came prepared.  It has 20g of protein and, if I remember correctly, only 230 calories.  I bought mine at Trader Joes for a buck or two.  Oh yeah, and it’s covered in white chocolate.

{4}

Dinner with the MOH last night… and these were our fortunes.  She opened her cookie first (the top fortune) and we laughed and laughed.  There was no way mine could be any worse!

Then I opened the bottom fortune.

I am a happy man.

{5}

THE WEEKEND IS HERE.

Brandon and I are joining two of our dearest friends at their beach house in Edisto.  Looking forward to a weekend of no TV, no internet, just “us” time.  Can’t wait to soak in some salt air and wear the hair on my makeup-free head in a bun all weekend.  It’s the little things.

1. October 12, 2012 / 6:28 pm

Is your room always so clean?? If so I may need you to teach me a thing or two! I have the Zara Shopper and its HUGE and heavy but I carry it all the time. I try normally to not load myself down – you have got to keep that bag! Its too pretty not to have! Enjoy your weekend!

2. October 12, 2012 / 6:28 pm

Keep the bag! Too cute!

3. October 12, 2012 / 6:40 pm

Love the bag… but my thoughts are if you don't love it the second you get it you probably won't wear if very often. You should have to talk yourself into it. No judge if you keep her though, she is gorgeous

4. October 12, 2012 / 6:50 pm

I love the bag, but I can not stand a heavy purse. If it's not right for you, I'd suggest sending back and getting something you love entirely!!

I am loving the cooler weather in Charleston, but not so sure it's time to pull out the boots just yet. I am dying to wear them though.

Have a wonderful weekend on Edisto!

5. October 12, 2012 / 7:48 pm

love love love that bag! but heavy purses can be a pain…If you really think you it will bother you send it back, but she is so pretty you might decide you don't care 🙂

xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

SideSmile Style Blog

6. October 12, 2012 / 7:53 pm

I have to completely agree with Laura above, the whole point of having a "Great" purse is one that doesn't kill your shoulder or arm with weight. I'd return it and keep looking or just stick with your Speedy! 🙂

7. October 12, 2012 / 8:36 pm

I learned my lesson on heavy purses a fews years ago. I got a hot pink leather BCBG. It was GORGEOUS. I wore it for about 3 months and kept getting these horrible arm, neck, and headaches! I finally realized it was my purse! I immediately downsized and all pain was gone. I ended up selling it on eBay. Now, I won't order a purse until I have seen it in the store and know how much it weighs. It's just not worth it to have a purse that is a pain in the neck! Literally!

8. October 13, 2012 / 1:25 am

As sad as it is, I think I might send back the bag if it's too heavy…I'm sure that you can find something you love as much that isn't as heavy! And I love your fortune. That's hilarious. I guess they had a 50/50 chance.

9. October 13, 2012 / 4:38 am

LOVE your outfit!! I love your purse! She really is pretty! but If it's too heavy, I'd send it back for another. You don't want to be uncomfortable carrying around something that you want to show off and enjoy.

-Rachel @ A Preppy State of Mind

10. October 13, 2012 / 10:21 am

Hahaha, that fortune made ma laugh!!
    Loving your new bag and your black pumps – jealous!
    Have a super weekend pretty girl x

11. October 13, 2012 / 10:53 am

OMG, I got that SAME fortune last week! I must be a happy man too! (Couldn't they have said "person"?) That's so ironic! Love the bag, but if it's too heavy, maybe there's a cute one that isn't? xoxo http://www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

12. October 13, 2012 / 2:23 pm

Does Tory not make smaller versions of that purse? If so you could look into that! 🙂 I hate super heavy purses too! I ordered the Robinson Dome & I'm hoping I like it! 🙂

13. October 13, 2012 / 2:35 pm

I love the new bag, it's gorgeous! Have fun relaxing over the weekend.

14. October 13, 2012 / 5:13 pm

I love that bag but I know what you mean about a heavy purse — I always try to cut back what I store in my heavier purses but if I want to carry a bunch of stuff, I'm not sure my purse should prevent that!
    ♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

15. October 13, 2012 / 6:21 pm

Absolutely adore that bag! I think it would be a great versatile piece but you certainly don't want to keep it if the weight is going to be too heavy. Hope you have a great weekend!

Katherine

16. October 13, 2012 / 11:47 pm

If every time you pick it up, you think "man this is heavy"… ditch it NOW. I have the same purse in black from 3 years ago… same basic shape and hardware and it's so Heavy that it cuts my shoulder. It's cute but not worth the suffer. There are too many other choices to suffer… but saying that, if you can suffer in your Tory shoes (mine hurt).. then you can suffer with the purse 🙂

17. October 14, 2012 / 10:45 am

I love your style.
    I follow you, I really liked your blog.
    Stop by mine if you want.
    Ire.
    whileinspireme.blogspot.com

18. October 14, 2012 / 4:47 pm

Love, love, love that bag!!! A heavy purse can be a pain, though. I do a lot of walking living in the metro NYC area and I just hate when my shoulder ends up sore from carrying a too-heavy bag. It is such a gorgeous bag but I would send it back and get another, lighter one.

Loving the pillows on your bed btw. Hope your weekend was great!

19. October 14, 2012 / 7:55 pm

love the bag — but you probably won't reach for it as much because of the weight! think thin bars are my fave — they totally taste like a real candy bar!! 🙂

20. October 16, 2012 / 11:06 pm

OMG!!! That BAG, TO die for. I love Tory Burch, she has such cute stuff. I really like the little bit of bedroom i saw, very cute.

I'm glad i decided to follow you!

glammedbytarin.blogspot.com/

XOXO

21. December 6, 2012 / 5:56 pm

I'm actually considering buying the bag.. what size was yours? Did you end up keeping it? Or was it just too heavy? Sorry for the 21 questions!