Wedding List – Take Two!

Hello, hello!  It’s time to update the list of wedding to-dos.  The items in green are recently crossed off the list!

Set a date

Book venue

Book photographer

Book videographer

Book band

Ask bridal party to be in wedding

Book caterer & bar

Create wedding website

Register    *We’ve started this!

Book florist

Buy wedding dress

Book ceremony musician

Book rentals

Take engagement pictures

Select bridesmaid dresses
Select and order groom & groomsmen attire
Purchase veil and accessories for dress

Book cake baker
Hire coordinator

Buy cake knife & server

Order save the dates
Finalize guest list     *Almost, but it’s SO HARD!!

Send save the dates    * Did this TODAY!

Book officiant

Pre-marital counseling (soon)

Order guest book

Hotel room blocks

Hire a calligrapher

Engagement announcement in The Beaufort Gazette, The Sumter Daily Item, and The Jasper Sun

MOB & MOG dress shopping

Find wedding shoes

Find wedding jewelry

Find garter

Book makeup artist & hair stylist *Working on this!

Menu tasting *November

Take bridal portraits / hair & make up trial
Dress Measurements *November

1st dress fitting
2nd dress fitting

Order ceremony programs

Figure out where I’m getting ready & where Brandon is getting ready *Finalizing this now!

Order invitations

Mail invitations

Book rehearsal dinner venue

Book RD music

Buy RD dress

Order koozies *Picked the vendor and I’m working on the design right now!

Book trolley for bridal party

Order monogrammed cocktail napkins

Buy bridal party gifts

Bachelorette party *Planned for Miaaammiii!  Working on details with MOH.

Bridal shower

Purchase wedding bands *We’ve picked them out!

Put together picture list for photographer

Get marriage license

Order wedding favors  *I’ve chosen the favors and vendors… just need to order!

Book transportation from reception to hotel

Book honeymoon   *St. LUCIA!!

RD invitations

RD groom’s cake

Music selections to band and ceremony artist

Book wedding night hotel room  *Almost, almost – finalizing now!

Order thank you notes

Wedding announcement in Beaufort Gazette, The Sumter Daily Item and The Jasper Sun

Walk down the aisle & say I do!

A lot has been crossed off the list, or will be crossed off soon, which makes me so happy and relieved.  Everything is coming together and woah! …where has the time gone?  We got engaged on November 23, that was over 10 months ago.  What?
Less than 7 months to go!

I’ll leave you with some mouth watering yummies.

all images via

Now I ask you…

What is your most favorite menu item you’ve ever had at a wedding?  Could be a late night bite, could be the main entree or station, or it could be a passed hors d’oeuvres!  Do tell.

Xo-M

1. October 3, 2012 / 2:29 pm

"We got married on November 23, that was over 10 months ago." (I think you mean "engaged"..hehe) It's OK, you're planning a wedding! LOL Looks like you're getting your ducks in a row, hope the rest moves along smoothly! xoxo http://www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

• October 3, 2012 / 3:31 pm

HA HA! Shows where my mind is! It's funny because I date everything in the year 2013. Happens at work ALL THE TIME. My mind is completely focused on April 27, 2013.

Thanks for pointing that out! All fixed now πŸ˜‰

2. October 3, 2012 / 2:40 pm

We did a sit down dinner at our wedding, but everyone said our entree was amazing. Is it bad that I can barely tell you what we served at the wedding!! You won't get much of a chance to eat, make sure to ask for a to-go box. You'll be glad you did later at night.

I will say, we did do a passed She Crab Shooter. Delicious!!

3. October 3, 2012 / 3:00 pm

I want to know some of your vendors to see if we used any of them! So exciting how much you have done, I can not wait to see it all come together!!

Our guest loved our mini slider station ( hamburgers , BBQ , pimento cheese and chicken salad) !

4. October 3, 2012 / 3:04 pm

You are on a roll! Now that our wedding is only 6 months away I feel like it's time to buckle down and get the rest of the things checked off! Late night snacks are definitely one of my favorite things and I'm currently trying to convince Cameron that we need one! πŸ™‚

5. October 3, 2012 / 3:16 pm

You've accomplished so much! I've never had them at a wedding but I've always thought shrimp and grits shooters sounded amazing and would be perfect for you!

6. October 3, 2012 / 6:12 pm

We had pork BBQ sliders that everyone loved. Also, people loved to pick off of the cheese display.

7. October 3, 2012 / 6:31 pm

Our guest's favorites were the mini hot browns (I am from Kentucky) and mini crab cakes (husband is from Maryland)! They also LOVED the shrimp and grits! Super cute & DELICIOUS when served in a martini glass or as shooters. Enjoy!

8. October 3, 2012 / 6:34 pm

Our guest's favorites were the mini hot browns (I am from Kentucky) and mini crab cakes (my husband is from Maryland)! They also all LOVED the shrimp and grits. Super cute to serve the S&Gs in martini glasses or as shooters. And although it's not food, I think the real favorite were the signature bourbon tea's (served in mason jars, of course) that the guests received when they first got to the reception. We had so many friends & family members who don't even drink alcohol who were going back for seconds πŸ™‚ ENJOY!!

9. October 9, 2012 / 6:52 am

The different wedding recipe pictures shared in this post were nice. These pictures will inspire the guest in wedding receptions. It is hard to prepare all the things for the wedding reception. To overcome this, they may use the wedding planner iPad app to find the caterer and also helpful in wedding planning.