random bits of goodness

Happy Election Day!  Don’t worry, no political posts here.  Anyone have any plans for tonight…election parties, etc?  I think tonight sounds like the perfect night for chili and a glass of wine.  It’s freezing here today (It’s 47 degrees.  To me, below 50 = freezing) and rainy on top of that.  This morning, I pulled out a big comfy poncho sweater for the first time this season, which excites me to no end.

This post is a whole lot of randomness …photos that have stocked up in my iPhone library.  If you follow me on Instagram (megan_stylemeswanky), you’ve probably seen some of these.

Talk about a good night relaxing on the couch…

LOVE my new hammered spike bib necklace from Outfit Additions.

(Sweater: J. Crew Factory, Skirt: Banana Republic [last year], Boots: Banana Republic [three years old])

I was at Sephora the other day and discovered the Stila Smudge Crayon and WOAH, it’s awesome.  This one is in “Smoke.”  It’s such a gorgeous, brownish/greyish color that can be used as a liner, shadow, and eye primer/base.  This stuff doesn’t budge.

Speaking of chili… It was a perfect meal last week, too.

The upcoming Christmas season is starting to take over the decor of my to-do lists.  I haven’t started Christmas shopping yet, but I have promised myself to do better than last year, which was completely last minute.  Side note: It’s crazy how quickly time passes.  Can you believe we are in November?

Essie “Don’t Sweater It”

1. November 6, 2012 / 6:26 pm

I can't believe it's already November. I agree, it's freezing in Charleston today! I stood out at the polls at 6:15 in the rain and cold! I'm with ya on the wine. My plans tonight = white wine and election coverage. My fave 🙂

Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

2. November 6, 2012 / 6:34 pm

Love your necklace too! I can't believe it's November. Crazy.

3. November 6, 2012 / 7:09 pm

I LOVE the Stila Smudge Stick!! I swear by it. I have it in several colors. 🙂

4. November 6, 2012 / 8:28 pm

Just followed you on instagram 🙂 LOVE that necklace, and I have don't sweater it essie too – it's my go-to fall nail polish!

5. November 6, 2012 / 9:35 pm

I feel like this year has gone by way to fast! I love that necklace so cute! I had never tried stila cosmetics but i keep hearing about them, so i might have to

xo

6. November 6, 2012 / 11:09 pm

I saw that sweater at J.Crew and loved it!! Looks super cute on you!

7. November 7, 2012 / 1:27 am

I just picked up Essie Fishnet Stockings at Target today 😉 Do you get manicures or do them yourself? They always look so good!

• November 8, 2012 / 2:51 pm

I do them myself! I'm so lazy with my nails that it doesn't happen often enough! I swear by the cuticle cream from Lush.

8. November 8, 2012 / 2:57 pm

I love Stila products! Don't think I've tried Smoke but might look into that…
    & I love it being cold finally! It's about the same up here in Clemson 🙂

9. November 12, 2012 / 3:07 am

CUUTE! Love, love, love the entire outfit, necklace, nails and room! – my house has similar decor 🙂