two-tone

As a fanatic for all white kitchens, it’s quite a step for me to announce my love of blue cabinets.  The look has to be executed just perfectly to retain the high contrast aesthetic that I love.  I’m talking smokey grayish-blue lowers and white uppers.  It’s true that I still favor Benjamin Moore Cobblestone for lowers, but this is definitely a close second.

What do you think?

(images via)

1. June 18, 2013 / 1:32 pm

I am not normally of fan of colored cabinets either… but, I will agree with you that I really like this look. I agree with the white uppers, I think you need them to be able to brighten the kitchen up a bit. These would look great with a grey-ish granite too on the counters.

xo

2. June 18, 2013 / 2:09 pm

Hi Meg, wow you have really thrown me out of my comfort zone here… I have always been an all-white fanatic but have recently a timber finish with my all-white kitchen, and I am loving it. This blue-grey finish is also a winner 🙂
    x

3. June 18, 2013 / 2:12 pm

Absolutely LOVE this kitchen! Anything navy blue (or in that neighborhood) is usually a hit with me, and this kitchen is no exception! The contrast of the smokey blue against the white is PERFECTION. Amazing!!

xxoo,
    Mary
    The Classy Cubicle

4. June 18, 2013 / 2:43 pm

I love all white as well, but I am with you on this. It's still refreshing. I absolutely love this idea.

Shannon

5. June 18, 2013 / 6:00 pm

Megan these are some beautiful kitchen photos! I love the simplicity white brings. Very elegant too! Thanks for sharing 🙂 xo

6. June 18, 2013 / 6:13 pm

I like two tone cabinetry in the right property – i think it definitely depends on style of home and the type of cabinets used – but chic nonetheless!

xo Danai