styling the bar

Brandon was passed down a bar that was his grandfather’s.  I’m in love with it.  It brings a hint of masculinity and charm to our little space.  I styled it with the classics – my favorite bottle of champs, gin & pelligrino, mint julep cups, lemons & some bar tools, a monogrammed guest towel and of course, a book on southern cocktails.  I also love that it has a big drawer and cabinets to store other bar items that aren’t so pretty.

We also have some glassware and mixing tools on a tray that sits atop our buffet server.

Here are some other bars that I’ve marked for inspiration.  Most are bar carts, but you can turn any dresser or console into a bar as well.  Joss & Main often has amazing bars for sample sale prices.

first three images are my own – other eight images via

1. July 11, 2013 / 11:51 am

I love these! I want one now

2. What a great vintage bar table and I love the marble top. So special it was his grandmothers! Love how you styled both areas in your house! We have a bar area in our dining room I love!

3. July 11, 2013 / 12:36 pm

Wow an awesome bar! You styled it so well too. I've been on the search for a bar for my house. Love the gold bar with the built in wine racks!

4. July 11, 2013 / 1:28 pm

That piece is gorgeous! I love what a good vintage piece can do for a room. And even better that it has sentimental value!

5. July 11, 2013 / 1:49 pm

What a great piece of furniture to have! I love old, and wood, and anything sentimental… And, of course, it's styled to perfection!

6. July 11, 2013 / 2:40 pm

I love the marble on the bar, it's absolutely beautiful!

7. July 11, 2013 / 2:48 pm

Great styling!

I'm looking to revamp our bar table right now & this inspiration is much needed!

8. July 11, 2013 / 2:51 pm

That is a beautiful vintage bar piece!! You totally got lucky getting it!! I love the accessories you added to it– perfect for some summer cocktails!

Sarah
    the kissing booth

9. July 11, 2013 / 3:32 pm

Hey! This is a wonderful piece! Actually though, it is an antique wash basin cabinet. Back in the day they would place their wash basin and pitcher on top, and the chamber pot down below. Some elaborate sets came with a small soap dish, small pitcher, and a vase. The smaller items would be placed on the marble pedestals. It is very similar in style to an antique bar cabinet. The only reason I know this is because my father in law was an antique dealer and we have two of these. I love any furniture with a marble top, so classic!

10. July 11, 2013 / 3:36 pm

Wow, you are so right! My mom has an antique wash basin and I never realized how it looks so very similar to this “bar.”

11. July 11, 2013 / 3:55 pm

Love the styling! I have been in the market for a bar cart, but I love that yours isn't the traditional cart… Definitely will have to look more!

12. July 11, 2013 / 6:10 pm

Pretty bar! Love the hardware! What is your wall color in those photos? I love it!

13. September 22, 2014 / 9:07 pm

Picture 8: where can I find that cart?