best of beauty // 2013

I’m a few days late to the ball game here, but do you remember my “best of beauty 2012” post last year?  I thought I’d do the same for this past year, although looking back – a lot of the products are the same!  Guess that means they are really that good.  Here ’tis.

primer // foundation // concealer (one // two)

powder foundation // translucent powder // bronzer (medium) // blush (tipsy)

eyeshadow: one // two (stone) // three (#754)

gel liner // eye liner (mushroom) // mascara // eyebrow pencil

1. January 8, 2014 / 12:59 pm

This is going to sound bad —- can you do a post where you explain what everything does and which order you apply these things? Also how many times a day, etc? Or do you all ready have a post you can link me to? Thanks!!!

• January 9, 2014 / 1:55 pm

It took me a while to figure this out too…in the AM, I recommend in this order: cleanser, toner, serum (if you have one), day cream with SPF. Then, primer, foundation, concealer on necessary areas, a translucent powder, then bronzer/blush. 🙂

2. January 8, 2014 / 1:49 pm

I love your beauty product posts! I definitely pay attention to your rec's because by the looks of you, I always think "Now there's a girl that knows what she's doing…" I am in love with my Photo Ready foundation by Revlon, but I am always hard up to find the right bronzer! Will look into that Bobbi Brown!

3. January 8, 2014 / 3:03 pm

The MUFE concealer is my favorite too! It's light but covers up any redness I have around my nose and chin. It's HG, for sure!

4. January 8, 2014 / 3:14 pm

The Mac concealer is my absolute favorite!! I can't go without it.

Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

5. January 8, 2014 / 3:27 pm

Huge fan of all those brands!! I really need to be better at putting on a primer! Thanks for the suggestions and tips!

6. January 8, 2014 / 4:32 pm

I'm looking for a new concealer and I may need to try the make up forever product, thanks for sharing! I also love the Bobbi Brown bronzer – perfect color and lasts forever.

Jen

^my favorite beauty discoveries of 2013 are on the blog as well!

7. January 8, 2014 / 4:45 pm

love so much on here! Especially the smashbox primer. I need to definitely try the dior guad!

8. January 8, 2014 / 5:13 pm

Long time reader, first time commenter. I love your blog, especially all the beauty posts. Hope all goes well with moving! xx

9. January 8, 2014 / 5:53 pm

Just wanted to tell you that I love your blog! I've followed it for a long time as a non-blogger, and recently started trying to blog myself! 🙂

10. January 8, 2014 / 6:44 pm

I swear by the MUFE Foundation and MAC concealer.. Two of my favorite makeup products..

xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

11. January 8, 2014 / 9:30 pm

Great pics, thanks for sharing! I've got a couple Sephora gift cards from Christmas burning a hole in my wallet, so I need to check this stuff out! I'm already a huge fan of that MUFE foundation!