I have a love hate relationship with nail polish. I absolutely love having a bright, cheery color on my nails, but I hate doing them myself, don’t have the luxury of going to get a weekly mani done by the pros, and really only enjoy the color for a couple of days. Not only do I have color ADD, but I just can’t stand having chips. I’d rather have no polish on at all than have a beat up mani. So often you’ll find me with nothing at all on my nails. But when I do decide it’s time for some color on the tips, these are the polishes I usually turn to.
1. REVLON COLORSTAY GEL-SHINE TOP COAT // This stuff really does make your nails look like gel. It smooths the color (minimizes any goofs), dries extremely quick, and is very shiny. I’ve tried many – Essie, OPI, Seche Vite, etc. and this is by far my favorite.
2. ESSIE “SUGAR DADDY” // It’s actually drastically more sheer than how it appears in the bottle. It’s almost a clear polish, but it gives your nails the most beautiful and natural pink tone. If I’m just wanting a clear shine, this is always what I go for because it does just that, while making my nails look healthier than ever before.
3. ESSIE “CALIFORNIA CORAL” // Just a perfect peachy tone that’s not too pink and not too orange.
4. ESSIE “LADYLIKE” // Just as the name entails, this is truly the most feminine polish I own. It’s a beautiful mauve tone that has the magical power of making your fingers look twice as long.
5. OPI “BUBBLE BATH” // Absolute favorite neutral. It’s just good.
6. ESSIE “SPLASH OF GRENADINE” // I LOVE this color. It’s different enough, while not being too far out there. It just makes me happy every time I wear it.
Also, you’ve got until 4/11 to save 15% off your entire purchase at Sephora with code VIBTICKET (if that doesn’t work [aka: you’re not a VIB], try the code TICKET [this code ends 4/10]). If you don’t have a Clarisonic, now is the time! It’s a game changer, for real.