Quick Summer Hair and Makeup Tutorial (vlog)

Let’s face it… some days you just don’t feel like doing your hair and makeup. Yesterday was one of those days for me. But when you’ve got places to be, it’s important to put forth at least a little effort to looking presentable.

For makeup, I used a very natural serum foundation, concealer, a tiny bit of eyeshadow and mascara, bronzer, blush, and a fun lipstick. I used a very light hand with everything to ensure that it would stay put no matter where my day took me.

As for hair, after my hair completely air dried, I added in a texturizing spray and used a 1″ curling iron to do very quick and messy waves.

Makeup products used:

Bare Minerals BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation (#08)

Bare Minerals Perfecting Face Brush

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer (Light)

NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

Bare Minerals READY Bronzer (The Deep End)

Bobbi Brown Blush (Apricot)

Anastasia Brow Wiz (Taupe)

MAC Eyeshadow (Blanc Type and Omega)

Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara

Revlon Lipstick (Siren)
Bobbi Brown Blush Brush
Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush

Hair products used:

Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray

Conair Curling Iron (1″)

!function(d,s,id){var e, p = /^http:/.test(d.location) ? ‘http’ : ‘https’;if(!d.getElementById(id)) {e = d.createElement(s);e.id = id;e.src = p + ‘://’ + ‘d27mzdfpkg2pgg.cloudfront.net’ + ‘/js/shopthepost.js’;d.body.appendChild(e);}if(typeof window.__stp === ‘object’) if(d.readyState === ‘complete’) {window.__stp.init();}}(document, ‘script’, ‘shopthepost-script’);

Turn on your JavaScript to view content

1. May 21, 2014 / 6:26 pm

Have you heard of "Younique" mascara? It's some kind of micro fiber green tea something or another that all of my g/f's are raving about. I love Clinique brand personally…..
    🙂
    Christina

2. May 22, 2014 / 12:02 am

I always love hearing what products people are using and their makeup routines! I've been wanting to try both the bareminerals foundation and the tarte concealer – glad to hear you like them!

3. May 22, 2014 / 10:23 am

I'm loving your videos! I've never seen the "nestling" trick with mascara! Can't wait to try it this morning 🙂

4. May 22, 2014 / 1:24 pm

Hi Megan, I was wondering how you think the Bare Minerals serum foundation holds up. I know you've mentioned before that you have oily/combo skin (as do I), and I've read some reviews on it that say that it doesn't do well with that skin type. Wondering what your thoughts are–it looks great on you and very natural. Thanks so much; always enjoy the blog!

-Brittney

5. May 22, 2014 / 1:25 pm

6. May 22, 2014 / 2:53 pm

Loving the new video addition – hope they become a regular thing!

7. May 22, 2014 / 5:32 pm

Love this video, totally inspires me to wear less eye makeup because it looks fabulous on you! Love your hair too 🙂

8. June 10, 2014 / 9:42 am

I loooooove the messy waves! I'm trying this out with my Karmin clipless curling iron! 🙂