chicago is always a good idea…

I’m hopping up to Chicago for a very quick trip next week. I’m getting to meet all of my team members behind The Everygirl and I’m so excited! This will be my first time in Chicago and my first time flying alone (eeep!). I’ll have just a few free hours to spare on Wednesday and a few hours to spare on Friday to pack in all of my sightseeing.

So I ask you… if you only had a few hours in Chicago, what would YOU do? Tell me, tell me!

image via

1. July 10, 2014 / 1:42 pm

Food: RPM Italian, Kinzie ChopHouse, Hup 51, Bub City (amazing bloody mary bar!)

See: Millenium Park, Magnificent Mile (shop!) and Navy Pier 🙂

2. July 10, 2014 / 2:37 pm

Navy Pier is high on my list…go all the way to the end and turn around, the scenery is breathtaking. Lakeshore Drive is gorgeous and lovely to stroll with lots of activity. Miracle Mile is fun to shop on. Have fun, I heart Chicago, it's a great town to visit.

3. July 10, 2014 / 2:37 pm

Big Star has theeee best Mexican food! Quartino has theeee best Italian food! Little Goat has theeee best everything!

I'm not sure where you'll be staying, but all three of those places are easily accessible via CTA. I hope you have fun here in Chicago!! Chicago summers are amazing 🙂

4. July 10, 2014 / 2:52 pm

You are visiting at the most perfect time! Summer in Chicago is like no other! Here are a few tips from me, a born and raised Chicagoan:

– Go on the Chicago Architecture River Cruise. It's a fun way to see our beautiful city. http://www.architecture.org/rivercruise
    – Stop into Eataly, which opened just a short time ago. I could spend hours in there, strolling, nibbling and sipping.
    – Walk through Millennium Park. That's where you'll find the Jay Pritzker Pavilion, Cloud Gate (The Bean), the Crown Fountain, and the Lurie Gardens.
    – Shop. Hit up Michigan Avenue and Oak Street.
    – Eat, eat, and eat some more. There are so many fabulous restaurants here. Let me know if you need any recommendations.

Have fun!
    -Renee

5. July 10, 2014 / 4:42 pm

I just got back from Chicago and you gotta check out the Willis Tower (a tourist attraction must) and eat at either Gino's Pizza or Smoque BBQ!

6. July 10, 2014 / 4:51 pm

Definitely do an architecture boat tour. It is the best way to see the city! I've been on several of them and I would recommend Wendella Boat Tours. I would also suggest renting a bike (there are Divvy Bike stations all over the city) and biking the Lake Shore Drive Trail. Then you can see North Avenue Beach which is really fun! The Lake Shore Drive trail would also put you close to the Lincoln Park Zoo which is free and fun to walk around. Plus you can see some great skyline views of the downtown area. The Magnificent Mile is fun but super tourist and only chain stores so not sure if it is the best use of your time in Chicago. As for food, I would highly recommend Little Goat Diner in the West Loop, Au Cheval (also in the West Loop – best burger in the city, hands down!), Summer House Santa Monica (phenomenal atmosphere!), Big Star (great tacos) or Bub City. Also Violet Hour (directly across the street from Big Star) is a great place for cocktails!

7. July 10, 2014 / 6:34 pm

RPM Italian, Navy Pier, and Magnificent Mile are a must! Water Tower Place is pretty cool too! And if you had more time, I'd say the architecture tour on the river! Chicago is my favorite!

Kristin
    Hello Lovely Blog
    hellokristinmarie.blogspot.com

8. July 11, 2014 / 12:01 pm

Skip Navy Pier – +1 on Eataly, architectural boat tour, Millenium Park, J Parker, Big Star and pizza – but hit Lou Malnati's – that's the real stuff. For shopping check out Bucktown/Wicker Park or Southport Corridor, cute and a lot of independent boutiques. Enjoy our fait city!

9. July 11, 2014 / 12:31 pm

I learned about Quartino from The Every Girl, so I ate there on my last trip to Chicago and it was indeed, a hit. I would also suggest the architectural boat tour. Have fun – it's beautiful there this time of year!

10. July 11, 2014 / 1:28 pm

I go to Barneys, and all of the great shopping around Rush/Oak Street. Have Lunch at Gibsons right there (I think it's technically one block north of Oak). And take a TON OF CASH (actual cash money) to the Bravco on Oak just a few doors north of Rush and buy a shit ton of stuff. Also, the Nordstrom on Michigan is killer. Then I take a cab over to Lincoln Park, spend a ton at Vosges Chocolate and hit Blue Mercury and those shops as well. When I am hungry again, get some pizza at Lou Malnatis or Giordanos. And get your pic in front of the bean.

11. July 11, 2014 / 9:13 pm

architectural tour! amazing… rush street, michigan ave, pick up a snack at the goddess and grocer.. ginos east for some yummy deep dish pizza, or the Purple Pig! Have fun, it is a great place to be!

12. July 12, 2014 / 10:52 pm

I have never been to Chicago either. I have to get there sometime soon!