Picking out my travel makeup is so much fun for me. I’m a nerd for beauty products, basically. What makes it even more exciting is getting to put these products in this Cuyana travel case, which also comes with a matching bag in a smaller size. I’m obsessed.
I rarely pack the same exact items for every trip—I like to switch it up a bit depending on where I’m going, for how long, etc., but I always pack products I love. The makeup shown here is what I packed for our Edisto trip (although I ended up wearing very little of it). It’s pretty representative of what I wear day to day. Enough chatter… here’s what’s inside!
1. I always pack a primer so my makeup will apply more smoothly and stay in place longer. This time, I chose the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer, which has “soft focus pearls” that give the skin a luminous look. You can also use this on top of makeup as a highlight.
3. The It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer is a pretty amazing product. It covers stubborn dark circles like nobody’s business and it is full of good-for-your-skin ingredients to keep everything moisturized and dewy.
4. I packed the bareMinerals bareSkin Perfecting Veil because its pressed packaging is super convenient and also, I kind of love it more than anything else right now.
5. Same goes for the bareMinerals Ready Bronzer in The Deep End. The packaging is smart and portable. The color payoff is excellent. It also gives a sunkissed glow. #winning
7. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Moonlight is a beautiful metallic champagne beige. Just blending this on my eyelids with my fingers is all I need for a pulled together shadow look.
8. I love a mini cat eye flick and the Chanel Écriture de Chanel Automatic Liquid Eyeliner does it better and easier than any other liner I’ve found.
9. I always lightly apply an eyeliner pencil to my lower lashes. The Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Stash is perfect for hazel eyes because it has green and golden flecks in it.
10. In case I got all fancy and wanted to fill in my brows, I packed the Anastasia Brow Wiz. It’s my favorite and one of the only travel makeup constants in this bunch.
11. Oh, gotta pack the Anastasia Brow Gel for taming the brows so that they look tidy and don’t move. This stuff is the best.
12. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara is a new love of mine. Can’t be without it.
13. Probably could have left this at home, but if you own the Shu Uemura Lash Curler, then you understand.
14. The Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer is awesome. Kind of makes your lips sparkle, while lasting a long time and being moisturizing at the same time. My shade was a special edition, but it looks almost identical to shade 131, Mica.
15. Last but not least, the Dior Lipliner Pencil in Grege toted along with me. It’s the exact shade of my lips and is perfect for filling them in completely for a matte, natural look.