Hi friends! It has been years since I’ve done one of these “random things about me” tags. I thought it would be fun to share. After you read through, please answer some of these questions yourself in the comment section! I would love to learn more about you.
1. What is your eye colour? Hazel.
2. Favorite Color?: White… and yes, it’s a color.
3. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? St. Lucia for our honeymoon.
4. Where were you born? Myrtle Beach, SC
5. Favorite movie? Have a few: It’s Complicated, Devil Wears Prada, Sex & the City, Something Borrowed… basically chick flicks.
6. What is your middle name?: Marie
7. What is your favorite food?: Sushi & She Crab Soup
8. What is the last thing you bought?: Two packs of the No7 Lift & Luminate Sheet Masks.
9. Favorite smells? Love the smell of the marsh—the mix of salt water, fresh air, and pluff mud. Although I bet those of you who aren’t from the southeastern coast would think pluff mud smells disgusting!
10. When was the last time you cried?: I cry a lot. Last week I cried when I got the bill for visiting a doctor not in my insurance network. Happens. I just hate making silly mistakes that end up wasting money and/or time. I swear it makes you feel better just to have a quick cry!
11. What phone do you have?: iPhone 5s. I dropped it last week and cracked it, but just realized yesterday that it was the glass protector on top that cracked and not the actual glass on the phone. Yes!
12. How tall are you?: 5’7″ on a good day.
|My family. That is my brother in the pink and his girlfriend on the end.|
13. Can you cook?: I can but I don’t especially love it. I don’t like pulling a bunch of ingredients out and it making a mess in my kitchen. Although I am thankful for a sweet husband who cleans the kitchen when I cook.
14. What color is your car? White
15. Favorite item at Trader Joe’s?: Their Reduced Guilt Gaucamole. Y’all it’s amazing. We also love their Arancini Bites. I ate a whole box for dinner last week when Brandon was out with one of his buddies who was visiting.
16. Favorite way to travel: If traveling long distance, I would say by plane, although my last few experiences on a plane have not been good. I am not afraid to fly, but I get the most nervous stomach when up in the air! My absolute favorite way of travel, though? By boat. There are a lot of places here on the coast here where it’s quicker to go by boat! So sometimes in the summer we will do little day trips to nearby islands to get lunch and spend the afternoon.
17. What can’t you sleep without? Air circulation… got to have a fan. One time, right before signing a condo rental in college, I asked the owner if there was a fan in the bedroom and she said no. After she refused to add one or let me put one in there, I didn’t sign the lease. I will always remember that woman telling me, “You’re not renting my home because there isn’t a fan in the bedroom? That’s crazy!!” No woman, you are cray.
18. Do you collect anything? Aside from my vast collection of Beanie Babies that I still have from childhood, no… I don’t think so. Well, maybe coffee table books. I have quite a collection and always need more.
19. If you were given 1 million dollars and you could only spend it on yourself, what would you do with it? I would build a home overlooking the river!
20. Have any magazine subscriptions? Garden & Gun, Charleston Magazine, and Vogue
21. What were you doing at 12am last night? Sleeping with the windows open, letting the amazing 65 degree air roll in!
22. Any tattoos? No.
23. Favorite restaurant in Charleston? Indaco, O-Ku, Halls Chophouse, Zia Taqueria
24. Dream job? This changes daily. Being a doctor, owning a graphic design/branding company, being a TV host… I have lots of dream jobs, but honestly, I really enjoy what I do now (I might do a “day in the life” type of post soon to share more about my job).
25. Biggest guilty pleasure? I know how bad diet coke is, but I normally allow myself about one per day. Also love reality TV so much… and sweets!