IT’S A … (gender reveal + 16 week pregnancy update!)

How far along? 16 weeks + 2 days

Baby’s size? About the size of an avocado. Our sonographer said Baby is about 5 inches from crown to rump.

Total weight gain/loss: About 7 pounds. I’ve gained a pound since my 14wk check in.

Here’s my 16 week bump. It’s starting to show itself!

Maternity clothes? Not yet, I’m still getting by with the two pairs of jeans I have that fit, leggings, and by wrapping a hair elastic around the buckles of my other pants! Shirts are all fine.

Sleep: Totally normal still …fingers crossed.

Best moment this week: Last Thursday we had a 3d/4d ultrasound! It was so amazing to see our baby moving all around. We saw individual fingers moving and the sweetest wiggly arms and legs. We found out the baby’s gender in that appointment! After the ultrasound, we headed straight over to my parent’s house, who hosted a mini gender reveal for us and Brandon’s parents. It was special being able to tell them in person and to share our 4d ultrasound video clips.

On Friday we attended the gender reveal for our good friends, Drew & Cody. I’ve mentioned a few times that Cody is 4 weeks ahead of me. They are having a sweet little boy. That was another great moment!

Miss Anything? Not much this week. Although I still could really go for a hotdog.

Movement: None yet. Our sonographer told me that my placenta is positioned in between the baby and the front of my belly, so it may take longer for me to feel movements compared to other women. Boo!

Food cravings: Nothing new. Still have been loving fruit, but I haven’t craved it like I did before. I’ve been extremely thirsty and have always had water or G2 around me. I will say that I’ve been thinking heavily about hibachi veggies & rice lately, so B and I got that on Sunday night. I wouldn’t say that’s more of a craving than normal, though!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.

Symptoms: None the past two weeks! Knock on wood, but my energy is so much better and I haven’t had those terrible headaches.

Gender: It’s a…..

BOY!

Y’all, I honestly couldn’t believe it when we were told it’s a boy. I knew with every ounce of my body that we were having a girl. Most of the old wives’ tales pointed to girl—ramzi method, that ‘gender experts’ website, chinese gender calendar, and most of the symptoms, too. That’s not to say I was hoping for a girl, but I just happened to have my mind set on a girl since I felt so confident about it. So hearing boy was a little bit of a shock! A sweet, sweet shock.

I immediately looked at Brandon and he had tears streaming down his face. It was such a special moment. He actually thought our baby was a girl too, but I know deep down he secretly was hoping for a boy, although he probably wouldn’t ever have admitted it. We are both so happy. I can finally start nursery planning and buying baby clothes! Oh, and we can start sifting through names!

And as of yesterday… I may or may not have ordered a crib! I am PUMPED.

Previous updates:  pregnancy announcement  |  14 weeks

1. October 21, 2015 / 1:36 pm

Congratulations!!! Little boys are so sweet and how fun that you and your friend are having them at the same time! Best buds in the making 🙂

2. October 21, 2015 / 1:45 pm

Congratulations!! I am 2 weeks behind you- so we are anxiously waiting this point!!

3. October 21, 2015 / 1:45 pm

Congrats!!!

4. October 21, 2015 / 2:02 pm

Aw how exciting!! Y'all are going to shower that little baby boy with so much love!

5. October 21, 2015 / 2:04 pm

Welcome to the land of hot wheels! Gonna be a great ride! Congrats!!

6. October 21, 2015 / 2:05 pm

I was the same way, was convinced I was having a girl and totally shocked when they said boy! You'll love shopping for boy clothes and designing his nursery! You'd be surprised how many cute boy stuff there really is! I couldn't be more in love with my little boy and I know you'll feel the same way! Congrats!
    Ally – Life as I know it

7. October 21, 2015 / 2:10 pm

Being a boy Mama is just the best! Something about the relationship is so sweet & special. Congratulations!

8. October 21, 2015 / 2:16 pm

I absolutely LOVE following along with your pregnancy. The gender announcement brought tears to my eyes!! I'm so happy for you – you're going to be the best mom to a baby boy!!!

Annie Reeves

9. October 21, 2015 / 2:34 pm

Still so tickled to death for you. YAY for boys!! And alllll the gender tests said girl for me as well – the Chinese Lunar calendar, myan calendar, the ring on a string test, etc…I also had people tell me that if you have busting headaches that that means girl as well – and you say you have had headaches. I am SOOO excited for you both!! After we found out we were having a boy it felt SO much more real – then came the name – EVEN better – then came the crib 🙂 EVVVEN better! haha. I have had the best time shopping, texting and planning with my mom and I know that you are so close with your momma as well!! Such an exciting time, huh!? Also, my placenta is ALSO between me and Ben, creating a barrier from really feeling him that often – but to think he has some extra padding there doesn't sound so bad either 🙂 I want him to be as comfy as he can be!! Try not to pay attention to when others tell you they started to feel movement. YAY for boy moms!! We can learn fro each other!! hahaha I was asking everyone at work what I needed to know about "blow outs" and such – and not the hair kind hahahaha. Congrats, sweet Megaroooooooo

10. October 21, 2015 / 3:11 pm

Congratulations! One of my best girlfriends was 6 days behind me and even though we live in different cities, our kids are still friends and my friend and I got even closer during that special time.
    By the way, I love your leopard loafers. What brand are they? I've been looking for some!

11. October 21, 2015 / 4:58 pm

Congrats!! I cannot wait to hear the name, I know it will be southern and classic. Such a sweet picture 🙂

12. October 21, 2015 / 5:17 pm

CONGRATS!!! we were totally convinced we were having a boy and then were shocked/surprised when we found out we were having a girl! those old wives tales are hilarious — and almost never true. ah well have fun with your pregnancy it'll go by so fast. xo jillian – cornflake dreams

13. October 21, 2015 / 7:13 pm

Congrats!! Please please do your homework and educate yourself about the terrible ingredients in Gatorade or G2…especially your unborn baby in the precious developmental weeks! I know cravings are hard but please find something else non-diet or sweetened to crave your thirsty cravings! It's like battery acid!

• October 21, 2015 / 9:36 pm

Thank you for sharing this! I had NO idea G2 was so terrible. I'm going to stop drinking it right now!

14. October 21, 2015 / 11:21 pm

Congrats! You'll see boys are the sweetest. I might be biased as a mom of 2!!! God gives boy yo woman he's confident can raise a good one! Enjoy!

15. October 22, 2015 / 12:55 am

I remember my first…I was so sure I was having a girl that when I saw a cute pink Hawaiian hibiscus baby cap that said "beach babe" on it, I bought it. All signs pointed to girl…but he was a boy…I later found that same baby cap at Old Navy on clearance in the boy version and it said "surfer stud", so of course I bought it! I think as women who are a bit girly, we think it's easier and more fun to have a girl. Took me three pregnancies to get my girl, but Megan, I will tell you, that boy will LOVE you with all his heart…he will be a Momma's boy…there is no other love like it. Congratulations….and btw, you look great and can't wait to see you progress over these months. Such a happy time. xo.

16. October 22, 2015 / 12:41 pm

Congratulations! I'm so excited to follow along!

17. October 22, 2015 / 5:05 pm

So excited for y'all! Such special moments to be experiencing with you hubby and that's awesome you'll have a baby close to your friend!!