our new house // moving weekend recap!

We are all moved in to the new house! Mostly, at least. There are still small things and plants at our other house, but the bulk of it is here. It’s really been kind of comical to me in some ways—moving things from a new, basically pristine house into this old one. Leaving a new bathroom to a tiny one with blue tile …you know, things like that kind of make me laugh and question, “what in the world are we doing?” Only for a split second, though. We are so ready for the adventure this home will bring us. I just hope it brings us a new kitchen and master bedroom/bathroom soon!

Here are some random snapshots of the house and moving process so far.

This is the formal living room—basically the first thing you see when you come in the front door.

The room below will be the guest room.

…and this will be Baby Boy’s room!

The kitchen. The plan is to take this room down to the studs. We will change the appliance arrangement, get new cabinets/fixtures/counters, and make the space flow a little better. We went ahead and bought new appliances over Black Friday weekend and it seems as though our measurements may have been a smidgen off. AKA, we have a refrigerator hanging out in the middle of the kitchen until Brandon can take a saw to the counters/cabinets tonight.

This is the back room. It’s going to be our casual living room. I’m home waiting for the sofas to be delivered today.

I want to try painting this red mosaic tile floor a light gray color before we just go and replace it. Brandon says, “It’s beautiful the way it is. I honestly love it.,” but I just can’t believe he truthfully believes that, can you?

We are also going to paint the fireplace all white and the wooden beams white, too.

I’m so excited about that room above because it’s going to be full of baby toys, comfy sofas, and will have a really laid back vibe that the rest of the house might lack …and it leads off to a screened porch that Winston’s going to love. It’s going to be a happy room. But I need to get my hands on it first.

First two nights in this house are down! Hope you’re ready to follow along on a lot of home improvement projects. There will be a. LOT.

1. December 14, 2015 / 5:06 pm

Looks like y'all have already done a lot in 2 days! I can't wait to see your remodels and how you make your house a home!

2. December 14, 2015 / 6:09 pm

It's got great bones and structure…will be so beautiful with a few fixes! Will enjoy seeing all you do with it! Where in Charleston is this?

3. December 14, 2015 / 6:56 pm

Wow! I'm so impressed with everything you've done in only 2 days! Looks great!

4. December 14, 2015 / 8:39 pm

Love! What is your wall color?

5. December 14, 2015 / 9:16 pm

Your new home is perfect! Congrats. This is a silly little question (and I'm sure you've linked to it somewhere before), but where did you get the snakeskin-print tray on your coffee table? Thanks love.

6. December 14, 2015 / 11:36 pm

I'm excited to see what you'll do with this house! It has great bones and I know you'll put a chic, modern touch to it. Congrats!

7. December 15, 2015 / 12:28 am

Love the new space!! I am impressed how quickly you made the space look like home!

8. December 15, 2015 / 2:25 am

Congratulations! It looks like such a beautiful space and your amazing eye will just add to it!

9. December 15, 2015 / 3:25 am

How exciting!! I just sent you a Pin on how to epoxy tiled floors like that. It might work great for what you are wanting!

10. December 15, 2015 / 4:28 am

It looks so fun! That brick house is gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you do with the place!

11. December 15, 2015 / 2:07 pm

Looks great, sister! Darren has really turned me on to older homes 🙂 Our home is in it's 70's. The couple that had it before us really did some upgrading so we are very lucky! They have since retired and moved to Florida! Cheers to them! haha. I am assuming (knowing what I know of Charleston and having bought older as well) if and when you should ever sell – and that baby being upgraded – you're resale value would be amazing! CHEERS to that!!! haha. YAY!!! Can't wait to see what all you do with it!!

12. December 15, 2015 / 2:28 pm

HUSBANDS! They always pick your least favorite feature to LOVE! Can't wait to see what you do with it! We have an older home on JI that we're just getting around to doing renovations. It's exciting to make things your own!

13. December 15, 2015 / 2:41 pm

I just renovated my kitchen last year and it was the best experience of my life, seriously. I wish I could do it all over again. Enjoy the new home 🙂

14. December 16, 2015 / 3:36 pm

Looks great! Do you mind sharing where you found the sofa in your formal living room? I've been searching for one like that!

15. December 16, 2015 / 3:38 pm