current favorites (home + style + beauty)

^^^

In the Spirit of St. Barths / The Surf Club / The Well-Lived Life / Lost Fish

Here are a handful of new Assouline books I picked up the other day on Amazon. I’ve started buying my books used if the price is considerably different than brand new and if the seller has really good reviews. I don’t mind some bent edges here and there. In fact, I actually like that and appreciate a previously loved book! Makes me wonder where it’s been.

^^^

Bought this Alexander Home faux cowhide rug for the front room. I knew from the reviews that it wasn’t going to look real and luxurious, but it was a great price and I figured the white color would get dirty quickly anyway. I’m glad I got it because it has exceeded my expectations! I think it looks great and it’s an easy way to brighten and define a space. Plus, I’m a real sucker for layering rugs. I shopped through Ebates and got 4% cash back. ๐Ÿ™‚

^^^

This t-shirt has to be the most comfortable one I’ve ever owned. Seriously, the fabric is amazingly soft! I have it in a sage green/greyish color that I don’t see online, but there are tons of other colorsโ€”and they are all on sale for $5 EACH!

^^^

You may have seen this one on instagram yesterday, but I have been enjoying this ring stack so much lately. The one on the left (top of finger) is By Boe and the bottom three are the “Lovers Stack” by Jessica N Designs. You know how I love handmade jewelry and these are so special because they are 14K gold filled and hand stamped with any name of your choice. The bracelet I’m wearing is Hyla Dewitt

^^^

Candles are one of my biggest weaknesses. I absolutely, positively love a good candle. I’ve mentioned ones I love before, but this Ella B Candle has to be in my top three favorites ever. This Charlotte-based company makes candles that represent different areas. In the “Beaufort” collection, each one is named after a different place or island in the area. My favorite candle out of the bunch is Fripp Island. Which is funnyโ€”Fripp happens to be one of my favorite places in the whole world. We go there for a long weekend for a charity golf tournament every single year and it’s always one of my favorite getaways because it feels like a summer kickoff to me. Candle scents are always so hard to explain, but this one is clean and beachy, but it’s appropriate all year round. I’ve seen these candles at two places in the area: Scout Southern Market in Beaufort and Open House in Charleston.

^^^

The basket with black pom poms above was something I scooped up in the Shopbop sale last week. It’s all sold out now, but you can buy it straight from the Eliza Gran studio if you’re interested! It could be used as a tote bag or as a basket for decor. I’ll probably use it for both.

^^^

These heels. I cannot wait to wear them after my poor legs aren’t supporting all of this extra weight from carrying this baby! Perfect summer sandals and I’m loving a good block heel.

^^^

I’m obsessed with the Beautycounter Lip Sheers. For some reason, I’ve never ordered the shade “nude” until just recently and it’s awesome! I love that it still gives your lips a healthy “alive” look that some nudes takes away. The formula is hydrating, long lasting, and it tastes good. Oh yeah, and it’s non-toxic and safe! ๐Ÿ™‚

^^^

It’s really short on me now, but when I’m not 36 weeks pregnant, I really think it will gain some extra inches in length. I love this Free People dress! Really wish I had picked it up in the red when that color was out last year. For reference, I’m wearing a small.

1. March 9, 2016 / 12:48 pm

Those candles are my favorite! I gifted the "Raleigh" scent to friends for Christmas! Those shoes are to die for! You're looking great, mama!

• March 9, 2016 / 8:32 pm

They are the best! I actually always thought it was a Beaufort candle company because I didn't know they made candles in other areas too until I just looked them up online when making this blog post. Such a good idea! …and thank you so much! xoxox

2. March 9, 2016 / 1:55 pm

What size did you get in the t-shirt? I like my t-shirts to fit a little slouchy, so would you suggest going up a size or two?

• March 9, 2016 / 8:33 pm

Well, I got a large because I just cannot deal with tight t-shirts in general, but especially when pregnant! The large is actually still pretty roomy even with my belly now. I would get a medium if I weren't pregnant. They are long and oh so soft. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. March 9, 2016 / 1:59 pm

The new house is looking great! Love all the updates.

4. March 9, 2016 / 6:51 pm

Hi, love your floor length mirror.Do u mind sharing the source?Thanks in advance.

• March 9, 2016 / 8:34 pm

Thank you, Archana! The mirror was passed down to us by Brandon's grandmother a few years ago. It is old! I see similar looking ones at Homegoods pretty often, though. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. March 9, 2016 / 10:14 pm

Hi Megan! Where did you find your gorgeous white endtable??

• March 10, 2016 / 3:24 am

A yard sale! ๐Ÿ™‚ I checked and can't seem to find a name brand on it, but it was a great $20 steal!

6. March 10, 2016 / 12:51 am

Where do you find all of your palm leaves and blue and white vases/jars? I love them!! XO!

7. March 16, 2016 / 7:51 am

Love the favorites! You've got me so energized and full of inspiration, especially with everything going on with Charleston Fashion Week 10th anniversary!

SXCHS would love for you to attend some (if not all!) of our events this week, and spread even more inspiration for design! We will be hosting a wide variety of daily events, including fashion shows and live photo shoots, in spirit of fashion week, and invite all to join!

Please check it out, and we really hope to see you there! ~

8. March 16, 2016 / 7:52 am

Please check it out, and we really hope to see you there! ~

9. March 18, 2016 / 1:04 am

Love your living room! I'm definitely going to purchase that rug! Where did you purchase the jute looking rug? I've been looking for a nice one but I'm so scared to order online! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. July 4, 2016 / 5:24 pm

Hi! Where do you find your palm leaves? Thanks!