These questions have been floating around the internets lately and I thought it would be fun to share, especially for those of you who are newer readers and don’t really know who I am! I always love reading “get to know me” things like this on other blogs. Stole this from Christina, by the way. (Thanks for the fun idea, friend!)
1. What brings you the greatest joy? Being around my family, hands down. Also when I’m with my best friends. But I’m not going to lie, a good shopping day or a new handbag brings me a good bit of joy, too.
2. What are your vices? Chocolate. I have a huge sweet tooth and love things that are a little salty, a little sweet. Like chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate croissants.
3. What is on your nightstand? It’s not pretty, but currently: this lamp from lamps plus, a baby monitor, a blue gatorade, a picture of my parents, an engagement picture, an empty bag of chocolate covered morsels (there were only a few left, so I stole them as a snack!), a Baies candle, an antique blue & white coaster, a Willow Tree Angel my mom gave me, and two favorite perfumes, even though I rarely ever wear it anymore—Chanel Coco Noir and Tom Ford Soleil Blanc.
4. Do you have a secret talent? Not even close, but I do love to paint and draw, which is something most people probably don’t know.
5. What is your greatest indulgence? Picking out a new handbag (allow myself one per year!), a Friday night on the couch with a glass of wine and my laptop all loaded up with my favorite online shopping websites and/or pinterest.
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life? Traveling to another country! The first time I went out of the country was when I was a senior in high school and went to Mexico. It was fun and beautiful (most parts that we saw, anyway), but nothing makes you appreciate your country more than being outside of it! I would love to really experience this contrast even more and to lend a hand by going on a mission trip one day.
7. What makes you laugh? When Watson laughs. It is the best feeling to see/hear your baby laugh!
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I crave alone time. Just feel like I have to have it sometimes to re-charge. Love being in social settings with friends, but I always want “me time” after that to spend quietly.
9. What is on your bucket list? All the time, Brandon and I talk about moving to the Caribbean somewhere—just for about a year. It’s a huge dream of ours!
10. What is on your feet right now? Nothing. I’m snuggled in this blanket.
11. How did you make your first dollar? First dollars were from babysitting. But I surely didn’t charge what babysitters charge these days! $15/hr—say what!? I used to make about $10 for four hours of work. But my first “real job” was as a hostess at a family-run restaurant when I was 15, where I proudly logged my $5/hr on an index card.
12. What superstition do you believe in? I am not superstitious at.all! #openumbrellasinsideallday
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most? Basics. A good pair of jeans, a favorite white or black top, a tan pair of sandals (current favorites) in the summer and a pair of tan booties in the winter. I like to mix it up with jewelry, but love wearing basics the most.
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? My push present from Brandon ranks pretty high. Also, a cookbook Ryan put together for me when I got married that is filled with recipes from special women in my life—friends and family members.
15. What is on your liquor shelf? Several unopened bottles! Our liquor pretty much is just decoration on our bar because we never drink it. I think we have a Tito’s Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin, and a Blanton’s Bourbon.
16. What is on your kitchen counter? A John Boos cutting board, a knife set, this bottle drying rack, one of my favorite candles, and a toaster—it’s the only appliance I will allow on the counters! Our coffee maker broke, so it’s back to the french press for now.
17. What would you never leave home without? My phone. I went about a week without a phone recently and it was kind of miserable. (Isn’t that sad!?)
What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
What brings you the greatest joy?