Hi friends! This week has been a whirlwind, but we’ve got a fun weekend ahead… our good friends are tying the knot tomorrow and the Tigers play too! We may be missing the Clemson game, but you can bet we’ll be cheering our boys on from the reception. Also, Watson turns SIX months old today! Or tomorrow? (He was born on the 31st, but since we only have 30 days in September…..) I’ll be doing our six month update next week and plan on sharing my go-to ESSENTIALS for the first months. So stay tuned…
- 8 things you need to know today.
- a genius roundup of apps to make your life less stressful.
- loved watching this “what’s in my bag” video with jenna lyons. and also, all the final sale stuff at j.crew is an additional 50% off today only. these wedges and this cashmere t-shirt.
- the beautycounter cleansing balm is on sale for $25 off. (you get free tint skin samples with every order, too.) this balm is a do-everything product that I talked about here. it cleanses while hydrating the skin (with raspberry and cranberry seed oils) and it also has vitamin C to brighten the appearance of skin. you can use it as a mask, too. put it on your feet at night under socks to soften them. put it on eczema. do whatever you want with it! I use it to take my makeup off at night and to do a really nice facial massage. and on the subject of safer skincare, this quote. (praise hands.)
- I really love this article about how to not let your email control your life—and how to respect others time while doing it, too. taking notes. “inbox zero” is a mythical thing to me, but I might need to change some things.
- the best bra ever. (even though, let’s be honest—it’s rare that I’m not wearing one of the nursing variety.)
- a really great idea for storing cookie sheets and muffin tins.
- obsessed with Hyla’s new jewels…. like this bangle. african sapphires? never knew I even loved them. and these tassel earrings are gorgeous.
- I’m starting the hunt for a new bag and this one is beautiful.