baby girl’s nursery: where to start?

With Watson, I knew exactly what I wanted for his nursery. I didn’t even need to look on Pinterest… I just had it in my head already. Remember when I posted this inspiration board? The finished nursery ended up looking so much like it! But this time around, I’m SO lost.

Maybe it’s because it’s a girl and there are so many directions to go with the design. Blush pink or more of a lavender? Cornflower blue and white, to be different and not so expected? Do we paint the walls or try some wallpaper? How about the ceiling—maybe just wallpaper that!

Or maybe it’s that I really feel in my heart that this will be our last child, so it’s my last chance to design a nursery and I just want it to be perfect.

Whatever the reason, I’m having the hardest time picking a place to start, so I thought I’d share some inspiration ideas I’ve been pinning and the few things I know I probably want for her room. Got to start somewhere!

Blue Toned Nurseries

Something a little different for a baby girl, but just as sweet as can be.

This one below isn’t a nursery, but I love the color scheme.

Blush Toned Nurseries

This is where my gut is leading me. Lots of neutrals mixed in with little touches of the slightest hint of pink.

Not a nursery, but I love the deep blush touches in this one below.

Maybe a combination of the two?

This is where I get stumped. Finding the right shades that work together and the right amounts of each color so that it still appears a simple, light, and neutral room.

I love the cool-toned drapes, the pop of black, and all of those sweet, pink doll babies on the shelf!

I’ve always loved this one below. The colors may be a little bold for my personal taste, but I absolutely adore the way it all looks in this space. Blue pom pom curtains, cool-pink walls. It’s feminine but not overly so.

I love this little girl’s room below. I’d in fact love to have that bed for myself… maybe a tad bigger. 🙂 I don’t think I could go for an orange pop in baby girl’s nursery, but I just love the blue, the seagrass rug, the white walls… add in a little sweet blush and it might be my favorite color scheme.

Or maybe stay all neutral and do a fun ceiling? I love the cloud wallpaper!

Now this is a fun ceiling below. It reminds me of these PJs by The Beaufort Bonnet Company. Watson and Baby Girl have matching sets. 🙂

Next time I blog about her room, I’m going to have it narrowed down and will share a mood board. Well, let’s hope I’ll have it more narrowed down by then! ha ha.

1. Kristen Gallimore
    August 31, 2017 / 10:24 am

I love the blush toned or the blue toned at the top with pops of some pink. I am in the same position as you. It’s our first baby and a girl but I don’t want everything to be overly pink.

2. August 31, 2017 / 1:12 pm

All of the rooms you shared are beautiful… I don’t think you could go wrong! Since your gut is leading you toward the blush, that’s what I’d do. 🙂 Especially if you think this might be your last baby, and it’s a little girl, why not? For my first I did blush, and my second little girl I did soft lavender. Both were equally lovely!

3. Aly
    August 31, 2017 / 2:25 pm

Love all of these! I too struggled with this for my daughter. I ended up with light grey walls and white furniture and then did blush accents. I love the combination of it all together in a space that will grow as she does! Hope that’s helpful.

4. September 1, 2017 / 8:48 am

I can’t wait to see what you come up with ! Your baby girls room will be perfect I’m sure. I love the blue with hints of blush !

5. September 2, 2017 / 10:46 am

I have such a hard time with girl’s rooms versus boys. It took me until a few weeks ago (I’m 39 weeks) to get the baby girl’s room right. I went with Featherstone by Benjamine Moore which is the tiniest hint of pink with lots of gray undertones and had them reduce the strength. I got that PBKids light too that is in all of these pictures. You have such a great eye that it will be an amazing room!

6. Brittany
    September 6, 2017 / 3:10 pm

So glad you did this post! I am having my second girl in February and need new ideas. We are moving our older girl to a new room and trying out a “big girl bed” so we don’t have to buy another crib, and then keeping the current nursery setup for the baby (taupe walls with light pink accents). But I want to make it her own and switch up the accent colors and wall decor. I like the idea of light blue, but hadn’t thought of doing blue AND pink together like in some of your pics! Love them all! Thanks again for sharing some inspiration, I needed it!