I love to change the feel of our home as the seasons change. I mean, let’s just say my idea of a fun time is redecorating bookshelves and switching out throw pillows. Let’s not even get started on my collection of pillows that I have on rotation, much to Brandon’s embarrassment. I can hear him now… “Whyyy does one person need so many pillows?” (He says this every time I send him up in the attic to find that “beige and white pillow.” Oh, you know the one! The one that’s kinda off white, but not the one with the piping!) But the truth is, little accessories and changes like that can change the look and feel of an entire room. Sometimes I add things and sometimes I just take away to get back to my blank canvas. Simple adjustments like that can make an entire room go from feeling crisp to cozy… or the other way around!

You may remember that I shared our living room back in the fall, but like I was saying, I just crave a little change each season. Today I’m sharing how we’ve brightened it all up for spring and summer with pretty simple changes.

It all started when I fell in love with a new rug from Annie Selke. Their Pebble Natural Rug has the look of a sisal rug, but it’s soft with a wool-like texture. It’s also indoor/outdoor, so I knew it would hold up well with this being a high traffic area.

I love love the natural tone it brings into our living room. I’ve missed the look of a sisal rug, but there’s just no way I could have one at this point with a small toddler and a baby because they tend to be very scratchy and hard. But now I don’t need it because this rug provides the same look.

I’m happy to report that this rug is incredibly soft! Super comfortable to lay on with the babies, which was an absolute must for us. We do have a Rug Pad USA Superior Lock 7/16″ Pad underneath, which helps keep it in place, give extra cushion, and keep the rug in great shape.

This basket is from Aubugerine Home. I get asked about it a whole lot. The clear acrylic tray is by Marquin Campbell. And the candle is by Charleston Candle Company. This one is my favorite one, “Spanish Moss.” Their candles are all made with all natural soy wax and the fragrance is made with essential oils, so it’s phthalate free.

Just like the basket, the white pillows on the two chairs and the beige greek key pillows are from Aubergine Home.

I get asked a lot where all the toys are. Trust me, there are too many, but we try to keep them pretty tidy. When we moved into the house, there was a perfect room that I was going to use as my office, but I quickly got booted out by Watson and all of his toys. So now we have a play room! That’s where the toys live.

And as he brings the toys out into the living room, we typically store them in a basket under the coffee table so that he has his favorites right there. (I was washing our basket when this picture was taken!)

I also added in pops of light blue into the room. I found these pillows at Homegoods, but these are so very similar in color. And my favorite color to compliment this blue is gold, so I hung Rebecca Hoyle’s artwork there by the glass cabinet.

WALL COLOR

“Agreeable Gray” by Sherwin Williams

FURNITURE

Coffee table

Black chest by fireplace

Chairs

Sofa and Loveseat

Glass Cabinet

Desk – Vintage, but here are similar options.

Stools Under Desk

LINENS & SUCH

Rug

Blue pillows are from Homegoods, but these are very similar!

Blue Blanket on Chair – These are so similar… tons of colors!

Large Off White Pillows on Sofa are from Homegoods, but these are very similar!

Greek Key Pillows and White Pillows on Chair

Blue/White Ticking Stripe Pillow in basket

DECORATIVE ACCENTS

Gold Framed Painting

Coffee Table Books

Basket on Coffee Table

Clear Tray on Books

Candle on Books

Fiddle Leaf Fig Trees (real, but here’s a great artificial one)

Standing Frame on Side Table

Wall Frames (hanging on wall on either side of door)

White lamp on glass table

More details on my first living room post!

1. Elle
    April 19, 2018 / 1:57 pm

Can you share Watson’s sweater source?! Thank you!!

• holycitychic
      April 30, 2018 / 12:51 am

It’s from Busy Bees Kids!

2. CH
    April 20, 2018 / 10:43 am

Could you please link the coffee table? The link brings me to a rug, not the table. Thank you!

• Cate
      April 20, 2018 / 12:08 pm

I’m interested in coffe table too!! And also get the same link to rug instead of the table 🙂

• holycitychic
      April 30, 2018 / 12:46 am

The coffee table is from Celadon Home. They don’t carry it online…and it’s not always in store because their merchandise changes weekly. But that’s where it’s from! xoxo

3. April 20, 2018 / 9:45 pm

Thank you so much for including my little tray, Megan! We’ve gotten some great sales from the post and I appreciate it! xoxo

4. Melinda
    April 21, 2018 / 2:36 pm

This is gorgeous! So inspiring as I am in the process of redoing my living room. I, too, would love the source for the coffee table as the one included seems to be directed to the rug instead. Thank you!!

• holycitychic
      April 30, 2018 / 12:50 am

Hi Melinda! Thank you! The coffee table is from Celadon Home. They don’t carry it online unfortunately… and it’s not always in store because their merchandise changes weekly. But that’s where it’s from! xoxo

5. Sarah
    April 21, 2018 / 10:46 pm

Just wondering – are you over using the “stokes white” color on your walls and have turned to this agreeable gray? Do you think every room should be the same or different .. I’m having the great paint debate right now!

Thanks!

• holycitychic
      April 30, 2018 / 12:50 am

Hi Sarah! I miss our “Stokes White” color. In fact, we are painting our guest room that color! I don’t think it matters if the whole house is painted the same color… as long as you really like the color! I do think it depends on the house… if it’s a smaller home, having the same color will make it appear bigger. More colors = more choppy. But with that said, I love giving each room it’s own little personality through color on the walls. We are in the process of adding that personality to our home… I’m not sure how much longer our living room will be Agreeable Gray, but I do love the color!

6. Katherine
    April 22, 2018 / 2:08 pm

Love this! We just purchased a faux fiddle leaf tree and I’m looking for something to place it in! Can you share the source of the basket yours is in?

• holycitychic
      April 30, 2018 / 12:43 am

Hey Katherine! It is from Target a few years ago. I saw some similar options in our local store recently, so you might want to check yours or online! 🙂

7. April 23, 2018 / 6:12 am

Thank you very much for an interesting and useful review!

8. June 4, 2018 / 10:36 am

I just love white and nothing can beat it. It looks natural. Can you please share the source of that white table? It looks pretty.

9. Terri Campbell
    August 8, 2018 / 11:48 am

I love your living room, is the basket on your coffee table a 19 or 24 inch.