November will be four years since I switched to safer. At that time, no one was really talking about clean beauty— well, maybe they were, but it wasn’t a “thing” like it is now, you know? It was a whole new world to me at that time and I have to say that choosing to switch to safer personal care products was one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself.
When it comes to leading a clean lifestyle, ehhh… I do ok. My eating could certainly be better, I definitely do not get enough sleep, and I could stand to exercise more, but something that’s easy for me to control is what products I’m putting on my skin. And I think what makes this easy for me is becoming introduced to safe beauty lines that are truly rockstars in the beauty business.
I made a vow to myself at that time 3.5 years ago that I wouldn’t compromise the effectiveness of my beauty products just because they were “safe.” I didn’t want to walk around looking worse than normal just because I’m trying to be healthy! But thanks to Beautycounter (which then lead to me trying many more “safer” lines), I can honestly say I’ve never felt like I’m having to compromise that at all! These are really amazing products and they feel and look so high end.
With that said, with every line there are products that are hits and misses. This is totally individual and personal, so what I love might be something you despise. But I figured that since Beautycounter is offering 15% off your entire purchase right now, it would be a great time for me to share my absolute favorite products from their line. I’ve used most all of these products below day in and day out for almost four years now… and they have been repurchased countless times. Come to think of it, this may be the first time I’ve ever been this loyal to a brand… ever!
By the way, if you’ve never read my story on why I switched to safer, you can do that here.
Save 15% off your Beautycounter purchase through April 15th!
Now here are my favorites….
- Nourishing Cream Cleanser and Nourishing Exfoliating Cleanser: I use both and typically alternate them every other day. They are so gentle. I honestly think these are what balanced my skin and totally stopped acne breakouts.)
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel: Some call this “botox in a bottle,” and I have to agree… it’s amazing. I use it about twice per week and can always tell that my skin looks fresher the next morning.
- Rosewater mist: Our skin is like a sponge. After you cleanse, spray a little of this on so that the next products are absorbed more efficiently. Also, this makes for a great setting spray for makeup and a perfect midday refresher! I also spray it on after I finish all of my skincare at night to sort of mesh everything together.
- Cleansing Balm: It’s pricey, but a best seller for a reason. It’s a great makeup remover and super hydrating. It also contains Vitamin C, so it’s brightening too. You can use this as a makeup remover, cleanser, or mask. Here’s a travel size in super luxe packaging, if you’re afraid to commit to the full-size or if you just love it so much that you want one especially for travel.
- Rejuvenating Eye Cream: I love this one, too, because it’s simple and super moisturizing, but the other one does more for your eyes!
- Rejuvenating Day Cream for day and Nourishing Night Cream for night: Sometimes I only use the night cream for day and night… it’s not “oily” at all! The day cream is brightening, so it’s amazing.
- Brightening Oil: Might be one of my #1 products. This has won so many “best of beauty” awards. Don’t be afraid of oil, by the way. I had oily/combo/acne prone skin and when I started using the oil, it balanced my skin within days! Just mix in a few drops with your moisturizer at night and it makes a big difference! It seemed crazy to me to put oil on my face, but now I can’t go without it. Sometimes I even use a drop or two in my day moisturizer, which is something I never ever would have done in the past.
- Peppermint Lip Conditioner: When you get it in, push your finger in it a bit to sort of mix it. I feel like this “activates” it. I use this morning and night!
- Balancing Facial Mask (Charcoal): This will pull so much out of your skin! Use this first, then the resurfacing overnight peel to sleep in and you’ll have amazing skin in the morning.
- Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation: This is a wonderful foundation. I wear linen when I’m at my palest and sand at my tannest… and mix when in between. Right now I’m in the shade sand. When I need more coverage, I use a primer underneath, like Becca Brightening Primer.
- This foundation brush: It’s like peanut butter and jelly to the tint skin foundation and really makes it go on airbrushed!
- Powder: Sets everything in place like a dream and is invisible.
- Powder Brush: It’s an awesome brush with multiple uses. I personally use it for all over powder or bronzer.
- Brow Pencil: Seriously the best. I use shade medium and blend blend blend with the spooley end.
- Blush: I use shade “nectar.” It’s a true dupe for NARS Orgasm.
- Lip Sheers: I love “plum” for fall/winter, “rose” and “petal” for everyday looks, and “coral” for the summer!
- Lip Glosses: BEST glosses ever. I honestly haven’t tried shade that I didn’t like, but I think Poppy and Bare Shimmer would be my two best recommendations for all skin tones. They are pretty sheer, so I also love the darker ones to slightly deepen my lip color.
- Bronzer: I love love this bronzer!! It has a radiance to it that looks so beautiful on the skin.
- Body Wash: The scent is so amazing and I can’t believe I still crave it after all this time!
- Body Lotion: It’s very lightweight, but packs a punch of moisture. Plus it has the same delightful citrus mimosa scent that the wash has. A little goes a long way, so don’t be intimidated by the smaller size. You’ll be surprised.
- Body Scrub: It makes your skin feel like silk and has so many hydrators in it as well, so lotion afterwards just glides on! Although truth be told, you really don’t even need lotion on after this.
- Body Butter: Use when your skin is extra dry or when you just really want to be indulgent and pamper yourself.
- Body Oil: There are so many uses for this. Use it alone on your skin or mix in with the body lotion. I use it on my cuticles and sometimes on the ends of my hair, too! It’s also great to put on your arms and legs when you’re going out to dinner or a special event. It makes your skin glow and feel amazing.
- Hand Cream: I can’t go without this in my bag.
- Protect All Over Sunscreen: I use it on my face and body. It blends in like a dream—just like lotion. It is high in zinc oxide, which is awesome because that is the one ingredient that prevents dark spots from the sun. So, the higher the zinc oxide %, the less chance of dark spots.
- Gentle All Over Wash: The best baby wash ever.
- Daily Protective Balm: There are a million and one uses for this with a newborn. I use this on any scrapes Watson gets on his knees or dry skin spots. It’s great for cradle cap and for mama’s belly, too. You’ll find so many reasons to pull this out!
- Soothing Oil: This is what I have always used on our babies instead of a lotion. It soaks right in and makes his skin feel amazing! I love it!
- Kids Body Wash + Shampoo + Conditioner: We use these on Watson (and sometimes Rosie, too!) and absolutely love them. The pump is super convenient.
Save 15% off your Beautycounter purchase through April 15th! Let me know in the comments or in an IG comment on any recent post if you have any questions! I’m happy to help. xo