Update: Linking the items I use in my everyday makeup tutorial below and at the bottom of this post!
This Sephora sale came as a surprise to me because I don’t remember there being a chance to save 15% – 20% off during the middle of the summer before! Normally there is a spring event and one around November, so hooray hooray for a chance to save on high end products right now! I absolutely love beauty products—always have—and it makes me so excited to try new ones. Today I’m sharing the 10 things I bought in the sale!
Here are the details to shop this Sephora Summer Bonus Event:
If you’re Rouge status: 20% off August 19 – August 27 with code: SUMMERSAVE
If you’re VIB status: 15% off August 20 – August 27 with code: SUMMERSAVE
Not a Rouge or VIB status? Sign up to be a Beauty Insider here.
1. I’ve continuously heard great things about this Kosas Tinted Face Oil Foundation. I’ve never tried it, but I love buying at least one thing during the Sephora sale that is going to be a surprise and something fun to try. It’s a light coverage with a clean formula that promises to even the look of skin tone, minimize pores, and erase the look of imperfections, while supporting the health of the skin underneath. I crossed my fingers and picked tone 4, but it’s reassuring to know that these colors blend well across a multitude of skin tones. So I think I will be ok as far as color goes!
2. I wish I knew how many bottles of Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo I’ve purchased. Actually, it’s best that I don’t know. I used to be a Batiste addict, so I hated to start spending $23 per bottle on this Drybar formula when Batiste costs about $6. However, this is worlds better—to me. One bottle lasts way longer than Batiste does for me. I need way less product to make my hair look clean and bouncy. Also, my hair doesn’t feel nearly as chalky with this one. In my opinion, it’s 100% worth the price. I may or may not have bought 8 bottles, but hey… buying on sale is the time to stock up!
3. The Lilah B. Lovingly Lip Tinted Oil is a new to me product, but it’s a clean formula and has so many great reviews. It’s packed with vitamin e, milk thistle extract, and bilberry seed oil to enhance the lip’s natural moisture barrier and provide a lot of nourishment. Plus, the color looks beautiful! I picked shade “b.remarkable.” I also hear it’s long-lasting.
4. This candle is one of my favorite splurges. You know I don’t like to use any product that has harmful ingredients in it, but I do have exceptions. One is the dry shampoo mentioned above and one are my candles! This Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin candle has to be the best and cleanest smelling scent ever. If my home smelled like this all the time, I’d be exceedingly happy.
5. Don’t even look at this one if you’re considering price, but I have been dying to try some products by Dr. Barbara Sturm and haven’t ever seen them somewhere that you could purchase them on sale. I’ve seen a lot of celebrity interviews and people with amazing skin talk about Dr. Sturm’s Glow Drops. You can mix them in with your moisturizer or put them on top of makeup for a lit-from-within glow
6. Had to order the Tan-Luxe Illuminating Gradual Tan Lotion after hearing about it constantly. I love the Tan-Luxe face drops and highly recommend them! I use them a couple times per week in the medium/dark shade.
7. I tried this Tata Harper Illuminating Moisturizer when we were at Montage Palmetto Bluff and I had a Tata Harper Organic Facial that was life changing. Anyway, the moisturizer was something I put on my skin after the facial. I was just playing around with tester products in the lobby area and was blown away at how pretty my skin looked after putting this moisturizer on! It literally has diamond dust inside to brighten the skin, as well as hyaluronic acid which is going to plump and hydrate the skin.
8. I’m going to redeem myself with adding a few really expensive products to this list… because “Buffet” serum by The Ordinary is under $15! This is my second bottle I’m ordering. It’s amazing. Great if you’re dry, dull, have fine lines or wrinkles, and/or have uneven skin texture. You can layer it under or over another serum. It’s fantastic and immediately makes the skin look glowy, but not greasy. If you haven’t heard of this brand, The Ordinary keeps their products looking pretty, well, ordinary instead of investing in marketing and fancy labels. This helps to keep the price of their products super low.
9. I love Olaplex products and am excited to try the No. 7 Bonding Oil. It claims to repair broken, damaged hair while taming flyaways and frizzies. People seem to love it based on the comments!
10. Here’s another Dr. Barbara Sturm product—her Brightening Serum. It’s super pricey, but this has been on my list since the day it was released! I have dark spots on my skin and am just so eager to get rid of them, so I’m willing to try this to see if it helps! It’s packed with antioxidants and hyaluronic acid, as well as ingredients that actually prevent the skin from creating melanin, which leads to dark spots. It gives the complexion a more even glow, refines skin tone and texture, and reduces visible signs of pigmentation. It contains her famed ingredient called Purslane, which is a powerful antioxidant known to rejuvenate the skin.
So there we go, that’s what I bought in the sale! Did you shop this Summer Beauty Event? Let me know your favorite buys in the comments!